Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CG Lock Belt System

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008 | 09:08 AM
RDL
Pro

Default CG Lock Belt System

Does anyone have information/opinions on the CG Lock for use with a factory 3 point belt system?
I am in hopes that John H. and others with great experience will reply.
Info on the CG Lock can be found at http://www.cg-lock.com/
I have had people ask about this system and have not had what I felt was a good answer.
TIA
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:16 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

I used the CG-Lock for a year and liked it very much. It's an easy install and cinches the lap belt tight. I would put it on with the seat reclined, cinch the lap and then incline the seatback until the shoulder was tight. It worked very well. Mark in Baltimore taught me that trick. Huge improvement over standard belt alone.

The only issue I had was I used a hip pad from some football pants because the thumb latch would dig into my side. Especially on couterclockwise tracks like Shenandoah at Summit Point.

Well worth the money.

I have two that I took out if anyone is interested. My new car has harnesses.
Old 01-15-2008 | 10:59 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I used one in my 997S and liked it. I also have one kicking around I would sell for shipping and gas money..
Old 01-15-2008 | 01:01 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDL
Does anyone have information/opinions on the CG Lock for use with a factory 3 point belt system?
I am in hopes that John H. and others with great experience will reply.
Info on the CG Lock can be found at http://www.cg-lock.com/
I have had people ask about this system and have not had what I felt was a good answer.
TIA
It works pretty well on the track. You still need to do some seat adjusting for the shoulder portion, but for the most part, it's better than nothing. It's not a perfect substitute for a seat and harness, but IMO, it works better than its cost in duct tape

-td
Old 01-15-2008 | 01:42 PM
Jimbo951
Racer

My dad has one in his 968. He said it was easy to install and he likes it for DEs. I shared his car for one DE and found it pretty helpful. Easy to adjust and certainly keeps your tail in the seat. You still have compensate for the inertial of your upper body, but it's better than nothing.
Old 01-15-2008 | 02:53 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

I had one on my sti and i have one on my bmw. I think its a great tool, cheap, easy to use, and perfect if you dont have the means for a 5 point system.
Old 01-15-2008 | 03:04 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Streak
PM Sent.
Old 01-15-2008 | 04:55 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by Streak
I used the CG-Lock for a year and liked it very much. It's an easy install and cinches the lap belt tight. I would put it on with the seat reclined, cinch the lap and then incline the seatback until the shoulder was tight. It worked very well. Mark in Baltimore taught me that trick. Huge improvement over standard belt alone.

The only issue I had was I used a hip pad from some football pants because the thumb latch would dig into my side. Especially on couterclockwise tracks like Shenandoah at Summit Point.

Well worth the money.

PM sent too.
Old 01-15-2008 | 05:45 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I have 3 guys in line for mine so far and i'm not 100% sure I can find it so let's consider it sold or lost at this point..
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:06 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

i have a brand new set never used..PM if interested
Old 01-15-2008 | 08:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I've got one & really like it. It is a definite improvement over the standard 3-point. I find it annoying for street use, so only install it for DE's.
Old 01-15-2008 | 09:00 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by 1957 356
i have a brand new set never used..PM if interested
PM Sent.
Old 01-16-2008 | 09:16 AM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Had one and liked it a lot until I installed harnesses. One little annoyance from my 996, when you unfasten the belts and let it retract, the CG Lock will ride with the belt and knock against the upper mount, scratching the cover. If you remember to loosen the unit on the belt enough, it won't hit. No biggie on a track car but a little annoying on a nice street car.
Old 01-16-2008 | 10:31 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Have two. One broke and the factory support was outstanding. Basically they replaced the whole unit with a new one for $7 and a return of the old unit!
Old 01-16-2008 | 11:23 AM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

How easy are these things to put in your student's car. Several years ago on the Shenandoah Circuit, I nearly had an unplanned exit from a student's car. My door flew open in the right hand turn after the carrousel. He had recently armoralled/waxed the seats and the lap belt seemed to want to go with the flow. It would have made great video if the trailing car had video.

Quick Reply: CG Lock Belt System