Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Helmet Design

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:01 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She ain't pulling up the rear either. Way to go!!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:10 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
She ain't pulling up the rear either. Way to go!!
She's no Fernando Alonso, but she was rookie of the year, a 3 time club champion and came in 2nd at the CA Jr. State championship when in kid karts
Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Wow that looks like FUN!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Posted by: flight747
She's no Kimi Räikkönen,
Fixed that for you.

Schmoozing A Wayne I see. ha ha
Old 05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How young do they start?!

On that first pis your daughter looks very young but that little guy (#8) looks like he's 4!

I have a 6 year old, he plays hockey but I've ben thinking...
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

On that first pis your daughter looks very young but that little guy (#8) looks like he's 4!

Near us they can start at 5. I just started my son at age 7 and feel like, well, he's 2 years behind!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that the fuel tank showing the G force?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:28 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

Officially they start at 5. Our club goes by IKF (International Karting Federation) rules. Isabella had her first kart lession when she was 4. Started racing at 5 and was up to speed with the front runners by race #3.

The kid in photo#1 (Kart #8) was 5 at the time.

Just like anything else, they absorb so much info when they're young. It's such a great individual sport that rewards in self confidence that can be applied to (in her case) school. The science, physics, and math this is applied helps them with these concepts in school. Isabella will be going into the 6th grade next year, but in looking ahead to 7th grade, her school offers an aerodynamics class. With what she knows from her karting and watching races, I suspect she will be ahead of the class when it comes to the concepts taught in that particular class.

When I'm instructing with BMWCCA or even PCA, and I sometimes bring her along for the weekend, I have her sit in the classroom sessions (since she can't go out on the track) and learn in that environment. Because a kart doesn't have suspension components, she needs to learn about that when she starts to drive a full size car. She asks questions in class and often answers the questions posed by the classroom driving instructors. Needless to say, she's already a track rat.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ski
Is that the fuel tank showing the G force?
Yes, good catch. In photo #2 the fuel is sloshing around pretty good in that shot due to the cornering forces. You can also see some rubber pick up on their tires. The Kid Kart class is from 5-7 years old and their post race scaling is 150#, so because of the low weight, they'll have some rubber build up until they fully scrub it off after a few laps.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys, 6 tr old loves hockey but I think I need to take him to the go kart track just to check out how he likes it.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
Officially they start at 5. Our club goes by IKF (International Karting Federation) rules. Isabella had her first kart lession when she was 4. Started racing at 5 and was up to speed with the front runners by race #3.

The kid in photo#1 (Kart #8) was 5 at the time.

Just like anything else, they absorb so much info when they're young. It's such a great individual sport that rewards in self confidence that can be applied to (in her case) school. The science, physics, and math this is applied helps them with these concepts in school. Isabella will be going into the 6th grade next year, but in looking ahead to 7th grade, her school offers an aerodynamics class. With what she knows from her karting and watching races, I suspect she will be ahead of the class when it comes to the concepts taught in that particular class.

When I'm instructing with BMWCCA or even PCA, and I sometimes bring her along for the weekend, I have her sit in the classroom sessions (since she can't go out on the track) and learn in that environment. Because a kart doesn't have suspension components, she needs to learn about that when she starts to drive a full size car. She asks questions in class and often answers the questions posed by the classroom driving instructors. Needless to say, she's already a track rat.
Aerodynamic classes in grade 7th ! put the kid on line obviously she knows more about racing than you. This will make for much better race analysis and discussion , of course due to her age , she will be forgiven for the odd chuckey cheese logic , unlike you ........yuh poor sod.....
Old 05-04-2008, 04:03 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Aerodynamic classes in grade 7th ! put the kid on line obviously she knows more about racing than you. This will make for much better race analysis and discussion , of course due to her age , she will be forgiven for the odd chuckey cheese logic , unlike you ........yuh poor sod.....
You love me, you really, really love me
Old 05-05-2008, 02:43 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

OK, it's 1:50 AM Eastern time, just back from (yet) another weekend at the kart track.......so what did I miss with Sir A. Wayne's commentary?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
OK, it's 1:50 AM Eastern time, just back from (yet) another weekend at the kart track.......so what did I miss with Sir A. Wayne's commentary?
Absolutely nothing. SSDD....
Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Absolutely nothing. SSDD....
VR ! I talk , you eat , Friends

Quick Reply: New Helmet Design