Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I have used Pagid yellows and now am using Perf Friction PF97's on my 997S. GT3 brake ducts and stock rubber lines.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:16 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

So what's the feeling on PFC's v's Pagids?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Admitedly I have a different car -- but, my experience with Hawk, PFC, and Pagid. I would never use Pagid again. Almost any PFC is better, you just have to get used to the pedal feel. I had deposit issues with the Pagids. Many swear by the Pagids I hated and many others swore at them. Since opinions on brake pads are a personal thing, you have to test them out yourself.

I like/liked 93s, 97s, and 01s; but, 83s ate rotors. I also like Hawks, really excellent release characteristics; but less initial torque. Consider that some pads have higher initial torque and others are easier to modulate. If you just want to jump on the pedal it takes one type of pad and if you are good at modulation it takes another.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 79 Posts

I have a writeup somewhere on the ducts I bought off ebay... Pretty much they're from a 2003 Mustang Cobra and use 3 inch ducting in the front that just lays in the oem duct (with safety wire) and runs up to a spindle mount backing plate that pipes the cold air directly onto the rotor/bearing assembly. I also have the same setup with 2inch ducts in the rear...

Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 07:45 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Herod
Admitedly I have a different car -- but, my experience with Hawk, PFC, and Pagid. I would never use Pagid again. Almost any PFC is better, you just have to get used to the pedal feel. I had deposit issues with the Pagids. Many swear by the Pagids I hated and many others swore at them. Since opinions on brake pads are a personal thing, you have to test them out yourself.

I like/liked 93s, 97s, and 01s; but, 83s ate rotors. I also like Hawks, really excellent release characteristics; but less initial torque. Consider that some pads have higher initial torque and others are easier to modulate. If you just want to jump on the pedal it takes one type of pad and if you are good at modulation it takes another.
Well I'm onto my 2nd set of PFC's. 01's front-97's rear. I really like them but I still have a soft pedal at times on the track. This is with s/s braideds, 968cs air deflectors, Castrol sfr Dot5, and Big Reds up front, + new master cylinder. I am being asked to change to the Pagid Blues but I think that is more out of that person not being familiar with the PFC's. I think my issues are somewhere else.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:54 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

For doing DE's either are fine and work really well. The PF97's have more intial bite with I fine I like. The Pagid Yellow's stop just as well but differently than the PF97's. The only down side of the PF97's I can see so far is they create a lot of brake dust and they clog up the holes in the rotor. I have only done 2 track days so far with them so I am curious to see if they last as long as the Pagid Yellow's. Both are noisey and heck on the street but I take these pads out and put the stock pads in when I get home from the track.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:20 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback. I get the impression that there is not a lot of difference between the some of the Pagids and the similar level PFC's. I should check out their site to see the differences by colour rating.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I get the impression that there is not a lot of difference between the some of the Pagids and the similar level PFC's. I should check out their site to see the differences by colour rating.
i somewhat agree with what others have said regarding pagid vs. PFC in that they feel different but brake just as well. i find the PFC, while easy to modulate, does not have the initial bite for me. i went from yellows to PFC01 then back to yellows. i kept hearing about how great the PFCs are but they just didn't have the characteristics i wanted. i have not had any pad deposit problems with yellows front/blacks rear and stoptech rotors. will try pagid black all the way around next season.

Quick Reply: Brakes