Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy on IQ3 Data logger from Racepak

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I don't get my car back from the thugs, I will install another IQ3 in the new car. In for a group buy.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Giacomo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cstreit,
So what price range becomes reasonable for an installed iq3 unit reading RMP, gear, speed etc. (the out of the box stuff) as well as oil temp/pressure, water temp, and one more (via USM & vnet), as well as the driver inputs of brake/throttle/steer (the only thing the driver controlls) using the iq3 hardware and sensors. This is what I would want as a complete basic package; but I suspect it is considerably more expensive than just the price of the iq3 unit.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Installed it this weekend, install was very simple, hardest part was fabbing a bracket to mount it.
I'll play with the shift light on the unit, then remove my existing shift light. Can't wait to try it out next weekend!!

Kevin:

I am currently working on my IQ3 install. I like your mounting idea; however, the instructions state that you should mount the IQ3 upright and in an axis perpendicular to the main axis of the car. I am concerned that having the logger mounted at such an axis will influence the g readings. Were you able to calibrate the unit for this mounting angle?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

I would imaging the angle above would skew any G readings also.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm afraid Gary is right. The display needs to be installed perpendicular to the car's centerline. Beign angled will make the lateral and longitudinal G readings wrong.

Sorry......its in the install manual too.

The IQ3 can be calibrated for errors in the vertical alignment [which adjusts the vertical G readings] but cannot be compensated for misalignment on lateral and longitudinal axes.

Last edited by APKhaos; 06-10-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

In simple terms think about a pendulum that can only swing on two "gated" axises then turn it 45 degrees and try to swing it... same premise. Other than the G forces it will work fine, or so I would think.

Quick Reply: Group Buy on IQ3 Data logger from Racepak