Sponsored by:

Tarrett Engineering rear toe control arms - Cross post from 993 board

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 PM
MB965
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Tarrett Engineering rear toe control arms - Cross post from 993 board

Does anyone have any experience with using Tarret Engineering (www.tarrett .com) rear toe control arms on a 993?
They look good and cost about the same as the factory parts, but I am interested about track use experience.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-05-2008, 08:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

FYI...it's tarett not tarrett so people will have trouble finding the website.

As far as their toe arms, what are you wanting to get out of them? Better control over toe changes or do you want the FULL adjustability of a toe arm that has bump steer adjustments?

$450 a set for the NON-adjustable ones or $400 EACH for the ones with bump steer adjustment. Personally, I had a set of the NON-adjustable ones I put onless than a year ago from TRG and decided (my engineer decided ) that if we were going to use the full adjustments onthe car we needed bump steer adjusting so we took them off and went with adjustable units (PMNA). Not cheap but much better having the adjustments.

My experience is obviously not on a 993 but the utility of the part (toe arm) is the same.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
MB965
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry about that. I had it 3 different ways, none right.
http://www.tarett.com/

I want greater range of adjustment and positive locking.
The 993 arms are length adjustable and $435 a pair with locks.

I was interested in experience with their strength and wear life.

Mike
Old 01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I've heard nothing but great things about them from the guys on the GT3 board. Of course they are length adjustable. It's bump steer adjustment you need to ask yourself if that is something you need. I can't tell but it looks like from the picture that the 993/964 arms have a bump steer adjustable bolt. If so, couple that with the locking plate for the eccentric and you will be golden!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I haven't used their 993 arms but I have a lot of Tarett Engineering parts on my 911 and 944 (swaybars, strut mounts, monoballs, etc) and everything is very high quality. If the adjustable Tarett arms cost about the same as the factory non-adjustable arms it seems like a no brainer to go with the Tarett parts.

Quick Reply: Tarrett Engineering rear toe control arms - Cross post from 993 board