Sponsored by:

Rolex Daytona 1st Day of Pratice

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
I think a sub 50 will be tough. The pirelli's dont have that magic lap with new tires. They take several laps to come up to temp and stay very consistent. Some of our fast laps came on 40 lap tires.

The mazda that busted off a lap at testing was imeadiately taken to the grand-am tech shed. I heard the mazda guy was not too happy with them for going that fast.
Maybe he can use my earlier post as an excuse.

" NEWS FLASH -- NEWS FLASH

Seventeen year old driver had and unfair advantage, team puts beautiful young woman at start finish line, topless BTY. Kid is in a big hurry to get back to the line for a second look. "
Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM
turbobrat930
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingleh
theres like 12 cars that have a good chance to win....

i hope it goes well and we dont have bad luck...

but with it so competative... the winner will get nothing but good luck.....
Leh, we will be there again this year cheering for ya.... BTW, you have a PM....
Old 01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
The grand-am engine is the same as the 08 cup engine except for the headers. 8500 redline in 1-5 and 8200 in 6th. Grand-am gives us a restrictor to put in as well. The front fenders are wider to accomodate the 285 size front tires. The rear are 305.
Agreed Cory, except about the shift point... For test day it was 8800 RPMs across all gears the same, but this changes for each team and car obviously. In fact this is likely what is resulting in more (at least perceived) horsepower vs. the Supercup cars which shift at 8200 RPMs (and maybe less for 2008).

I believe the 2007 series already had the same engines as the new 2008 cup engines. The headers being used are similar in shape to the 997RSR..."spaghetti" style...rather than the straight 3 in 1 headers, they gave 20NM more of torque on the bench in Germany. Our team is using them in the 24hours of Dubai today on the Cup car.

Originally Posted by GREEK-TURBO-RACER
You are right Leh. Really hard to say who WILL win. FL, TRG, Speedsource, Blackforest , the Pontiacs..... or even my old team Alegra could suprize again.
It is going to be tight!...You forgot Synergy, I think they had the best time and are first in the grid among cup cars.

Last edited by Jean; 01-11-2008 at 04:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Rolex Daytona 1st Day of Pratice