Sponsored by:

Help with RS carpet set.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC993C2S
Looks good...here are some pics of mine, although I dont have any real good ones of the front....and I agree, the rear was difficult to get to look factory, but the front was a breeze.
Looks awsome. Nice job. Yours basically looks exactly the same as mine but mine looks a little more plush like a full carpet. I thought I bought the felt but looks like they sent me a nice plush carpet instead for the 300 bucks. I am happy.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Here is me laying all of the pieces in to figure out where everything goes. Once I got it clear in my head it seemed obvious but at first I thought I would never get it all in.

My original interior was tan and looked rough. Seen a few track miles from the original owner Kerry Bonner.

Now the inside looks new.

By the way, anybody have a line on a new center console and shifter boot in black? Mine was tan and I painted it. It looked great but now with the new interior it sticks out much more. I need a new one.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks, that helps. I'm working on a 944 turbo with rear seat delete. I have started with the dry lay up and working on the rear seat delete kit. I'll look for the adhesive you mentioned but most likely won't start any glue down until late winter or early spring, needs to warm up a bit. Thanks again, i'll be sure to post pics when i'm finished.

edit: thanks for the added pics.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You are right...yours does look more plush than mine. Mine is about 3-4mm thick...more like felt than what I'd call carpet.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

You are right...yours does look more plush than mine. Mine is about 3-4mm thick...more like felt than what I'd call carpet.
Hey AC993C2S

Looked through all your threads on your car. Just AWSOME.

My car is a stock class race car. Now G class. I am prepping it and basically restoring it back to a more pristine state. Not perfect just something I like looking at. I see what a years worth of track use did to my front end and I decided for now to just leave the nose alone and re vinal the car this year. I have a new factory nose and splitter to go on but will wait until next year.

I love driving my car, now at 2750 pounds but sadly to race in G stock I will need to add 190 pounds back to the car. The only good thing about that is I can add it back where I want it. Low and central.

Maybe I will see you at a track some day. I mostly will DE and race in the Texas, OK area.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mj951
Thanks, that helps. I'm working on a 944 turbo with rear seat delete. I have started with the dry lay up and working on the rear seat delete kit. I'll look for the adhesive you mentioned but most likely won't start any glue down until late winter or early spring, needs to warm up a bit. Thanks again, i'll be sure to post pics when i'm finished.

edit: thanks for the added pics.
Be sure to add pics. Would love to see your project in progress as well.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2008, 09:31 AM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gasser, Your carpet looks great. Very nice job. Where are you located? I am working on an SC race car that has the RS kit installed, but pretty wrinkled etc. I am going to try to pull it up and straighten it out, but after seeing photos of yours, I wonder if I am better off getting a new set of the plusher stuff and doing it all over.
I'm in Arlington, and run at MSR.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:02 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Gasser-

Shame about all that weight you have to put in. With all the mods I have done to my car to make it RS Spec, along with a 3.8 coming...I cant even fathom what class my car would be in if I decided to start racing (no ambitions as of yet).

Love that cage...have you seen the one that "Mark in Baltimore" had put in his car? Extremely well done!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

I am in Ada Oklahoma and come down to MSR. We are planning on comming down there much more this year including Eagles canyon.

As far as my carpet. If you want to look at it in person I should be at the PCA event in march I think at EAgles canyon. I am going to try to make an event or two in Feb. as well but I need to do a little more maintance on the car first. I need to change out my front bearings this weekend etc...

I am not sure if they sent me the wrong carpet or if they have improved the quality but I am happy with what I got. We will see how it holds up...

Jeff
Old 01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Gasser-

Shame about all that weight you have to put in. With all the mods I have done to my car to make it RS Spec, along with a 3.8 coming...I cant even fathom what class my car would be in if I decided to start racing (no ambitions as of yet).

Love that cage...have you seen the one that "Mark in Baltimore" had put in his car? Extremely well done!
Yes, I LOVE that cage.
I had a bolt in cage already in place when I bought the car. I had my guys cut the bolt in door bars out, weld in all the plates and add supports everywhere tieing into the A and B pillars. We then built in door bars into the door and an X bar on the right. Turned out looking great and much safer than what it was before but a lot cheaper than scraping everything and starting over. After Brookes and Jims accident this year I wanted to beef up the cage.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 839 Likes on 423 Posts

Gasser-

You can build a RS cone and run in the new I class, but you need to do every change (3.8L, same gearing, light glass, etc). You can run a RS at 2944# with driver.

Quick Reply: Help with RS carpet set.