Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traqmate Inputs using TraqData/TraqTach add-on (what have you added?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:04 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by boqueron
I have to admit that is quite deceiving to buy a DAS that seems to be a "bolt on" item, later to discover that you need an electronics expert to fit it on properly...
In my Traqmate owner's manual it illustrates how to hook up the various connectors and it clearly states "IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE GET HELP FROM YOUR TRAQMATE DEALER......"

Nothing deceiving about that.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 AM
boqueron
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my DL-1 manual also instructs how to hook the various connectors... Haven't read any warning on Special electric Knowledge. In any case, I have try to make the instalation with an expert Porsche mechanic ( trained originally by Porsche). And about "getting help from my dealer" can only be obtained through the Forum as there is no DL-1 Dealer ( nor Traqmante ) in Spain...You solve your problems through a Forum.. Again, a bit frustrating..( You ask, they answer, clarify some misunderstandings, translate into spanish to my mechanic, back again to the forum...).

If this is not deceiving... after expending 1.000 $

Anyhow , I was just sharing my frustration. ..

I still do not know how to make the DL-1 together with the sensors...
Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Have you thought about contacting the manufacturer of the DL-1 (Race Technologies)?

http://www.actdigital.com/Contact.htm
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

I think everything works now, at least it does on the display unit. Have not gone over the data yet from last weekend at Sebring to see if there were any issues.

LVDell, what I tried to say (wrong hole/Seinfeld electrician) is that the manual clearly states not to put a High Voltage Source into a Digital output. Me on the other hand, after I started rewiring, then realized that I may have switched the wires. Just to make sure that I did indeed swith the wires, I turned on the ignition and stepped on the brake. That confirmed that I had indeed switched the wires
Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
boqueron
Pro

LVDelll.- Thanks for your comments and help. Everything seems to be working now. The pin #9 works beautifully for the RPM. The rest works..now...?? Big mistery. After adding the RPM sensor all seems to work !!

Erik.- Thanks for your input and help.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Glad she's up and running!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I'm coming to this late, but........

If you click Programs/Race Technology you should see a selection for Analysis and one for Monitor.
With your PC connected to the DL1 installed in the car, Monitor displays the data that the DL1 is seeing in real time. Being able to see the data without having to log it, download it, and run it in Analysis is really very helpful when getting things connected.

Last edited by APKhaos; 02-14-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
boqueron
Pro

APKhaos,

Thanks for the clue. As a mater of fact, I was aware of the Monitor function. I was scared of using it as I became "familiar" ( if this is the word that describes my relationship with the software ) with the "Analysis" program. I did not want to add a new variable ( my complete ignorance of how to use the "Monitor" program..

Thanks again,
Old 02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by boqueron
APKhaos,

Thanks for the clue. As a mater of fact, I was aware of the Monitor function. I was scared of using it as I became "familiar" ( if this is the word that describes my relationship with the software ) with the "Analysis" program. I did not want to add a new variable ( my complete ignorance of how to use the "Monitor" program..

Thanks again,
That's the beauty of the Monitor program. Absolutely no expertise required. Plug it in, start it, and it displays exactly what the DL1 is seeing.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Tony,

On a related question since you're the guru. I have the Chasecam, and the video plays just fine on my home computer using Windows Media Player, but I can't get it to play on my laptop that I take to the track with me. Does Trackvision program actually allow me to play the video ?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

TrackVision adds the data from the acquisition system onto the Chascam video, it's not designed for video playback, like say Quicktime is.

You need to get the "codecs" to play the MPEG-2 that Chasecam records on your laptop. You can find the info on the Chasecam forum.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Thanks Tom,

My video now plays on my laptop, but no sound :-). I can download a MPEG-2 from Apple for $20, but I'm wondering if you have any experience with any editing software such as Sony Vegas. I'm just wondering if I spend the $20 with Apple, I will be able to at least cut and edit some of the video, or should I just spring for the $75.00, be able to edit and at the same time view my video's
Old 02-15-2008, 11:48 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Sony Vegas might be the best sub-$100 PC video edit package around.
There are Mac packages that are better, but if you add the cost of all those black t shirts you'd need to buy to be a proper Mac user.....
Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Tony, the Sony Vegas will play Chasecam/MPEG-2 files correct ?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Originally Posted by Erik
Tony, the Sony Vegas will play Chasecam/MPEG-2 files correct ?
If all you want to do is play MPEG2 videos [from Chasecam or anywhere else], all you need is the free Quicktime 7 player. Get it HERE.

Quick Reply: Traqmate Inputs using TraqData/TraqTach add-on (what have you added?)