Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Good restaurants in/near Raleigh, NC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Now thats just mean.
Randy, congrats on the new car! It looks great in your avatar.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

Guys, thanks for all the great recomendations. We had dinner last night at Rockfords (great place to hang out and munch) and have reservations tonight at Sullivans. There are TONS of places that look like we would like, just no time this trip..
Old 12-27-2007, 04:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Gary, glad you enjoyed The Rockford. That place is an either you like it or don't kinda place! Personally, my wife and I love it. It's right up the street from her practice so we frequent it very often.

There are many great places in the area and quite a few of us that are available if you need anything.

Happy house hunting
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Guys, thanks for all the great recomendations. We had dinner last night at Rockfords (great place to hang out and munch) and have reservations tonight at Sullivans. There are TONS of places that look like we would like, just no time this trip..
glad to hear you liked the rockford, it's one of my local favorites for sure...enjoy sullivans! (damn, now i want a steak from there)
Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

how far is the Homestead from VIR, everytime I am there we just eat at the VIR club. It would be nice to have other places to go.

thanks
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

30 minutes
Old 12-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

On our way back north today (regretfully), dinner and service at Sullivan's was great.. We seemed to gravitate toward the Cary area for homes, one thing I never saw was where the heck does everyone keep their race trailers?? Do you guys all keep them in storage somewhere? My 24' box would kind of stand out..

Looking forward to coming back....... permanently!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Gary, we did the same. Absolutely love Cary! As far as trailer storage I store mine down the road about a mile or two from the house. It's at a storage place that is tucked away behind a treeline so not visible from the street

I pay something like $45/month!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:15 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

We seemed to gravitate toward the Cary area for homes, one thing I never saw was where the heck does everyone keep their race trailers?? Do you guys all keep them in storage somewhere? My 24' box would kind of stand out..
i lived in cary for about 5 years and like north raleigh a lot better...though cary has grown quite a bit since i left

i keep my trailer at a self storage place...secure access and plenty of room for trailers

Originally Posted by LVDell
I pay something like $45/month!
ditto
Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Ahh, so that's where they were hiding! We looked at a lot of different developments from Cary, up to Durham, over to Wake Forest and never saw one where having a trailer parked full time would be acceptable. One thing that really stood out was the fact that a couple new high end subdivisions (500+K to start) had Trailer-homes either adjacent or actually next to the development. The other was that in three days I never saw so much as a Boxster.. until we had breakfast this morning at Bob Evans and I saw two things at the same time.. a yellow Cayman and a sign for a Highway Adoption by the Hurricane Region of PCA!!

Dell, I'm going to have to get hooked up with you to get storage established. That opens up our possibilities a lot more as I was thinking I was going to be forced to buy 10 acres somewhere and custom build. Without having to worry about parking I saw a lot of nice places with 3 car garages (gotta have one for my lift!),...

Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Gary, get in touch with me when you head down this way next time and I'd be happy to show you around and grab lunch.

And don't get me started on the 3-car garage thing!!!! I am not happy about losing that part of my wish list. I love my house and EVERYTHING about it but the lack of a 3-car. I am working on getting a lift installed so I can at least have a psuedo 3-car garage
Old 12-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Yep, MY dream is a one bedroom, one 12x12 office for computer stuff, a giant top of the line eat-in kitchen, and a room for a couch, recliners, and a 60" HDTV/Stereo, couple of bathrooms, and a big/deep 3 car garage. Unfortuneatetly it looks like the 3 car may have to be attached to a real house..
Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, MY dream is a one bedroom, one 12x12 office for computer stuff, a giant top of the line eat-in kitchen, and a room for a couch, recliners, and a 60" HDTV/Stereo, couple of bathrooms, and a big/deep 3 car garage. Unfortuneatetly it looks like the 3 car may have to be attached to a real house..
Like this ??

6000+ SF of man cave as my teenage son puts it !
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Yeah! Just put a couple pillars up front in the middle with a little porch to make it LOOK like some sort of house, some shrubs here and there and you're done!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Hey Gary. Sounds like you had a good time. Glad to hear it.
I suggest you keep looking. There is enough land in the SE to get a nice home w/land, 3 car garage and space out back for a trailer. No HOA restrictions.
I have a 3 car garage and it, quickly, became not enough. I am not suppose to store a trailer, HOA. I had one stolen from my shop this year because of it. Storage is a PITA and not really secure. Lost 1there befor too.

Keep looking. You are in the price bracket to get everything you want. Rent a storage and an APT and take your time. I would have built on my own land if I had taken time to really think it through.
Happy hunting. Cary is 5.5 hrs from Rd Atl.

Quick Reply: OT: Good restaurants in/near Raleigh, NC?