Sponsored by:

new pca gt classes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response to MJ Hanna's posts, note I wrote

"we mainly pay attention to those who are already racing in the program" Note the word "mainly"

If we have more than one or two comments in favor of Spec Boxster or vintage 911 or 911Cup classes, we would certainly look at them but so far, the response has been very low when we have posted proposed classes for comment. This past year when we posted the proposed vintage 911 class we specifically stated that it was being posted to try to gauge interest in the class. We did not get more than a couple of positive responses. It simply did not seem to the rules committee that there was sufficient interest to add the proposed new classes.

I will also tell you that a number of current vintage racers with decent vintage racing cars are very excited about our new GT classes. They think that the change will allow them to compete.

I'd also mention that in the past most vintage eligible cars ended up running in GT4. Other than the really large events, GT4 runs with many of the stock classes. Some of the best racing I've seen has been between cars in different classes.

And Larry, I'm sorry, no new Hoosiers for you, Santa knows about the thoughts you continue to have about 38D's avatar.....

Quick Reply: new pca gt classes