Videa of a T1 Corvette Chasing GT3s 12/1/07 at VIR

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:30 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Carolinas event was a GT3 festival.

Chris and Dell were flying. It was good to see you guys!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Bigpinekey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! For those who don’t know me, I’m the guy in the Vette.

I’ve run with the Carolina Region PCA for years and know a lot of the guys/gals (Bob, Nadine, Brian, Marty, Harvey, et al.) from there, and can say they put on the best DE’s of all that I’ve attended. But this year’s event was the crème de la crème.

There were enough GT3’s to have their own run group! And color that run group fast! Sweet Mercy!

The video that was posted was from the Saturday noon session. That was the first time all weekend I was in phase with Chris, Dell and Jim. I was first out but, after the first lap, Chris and Dell were on me like a piece of Velcro so I pointed them by just after T.2, and off they went. I don’t know where Jim was, I guess he got caught in traffic somewhere behind us, but he showed up later.

Anyway, although I wasn’t comfortable with the heat in my tires yet, I knew if I let Dell go, I’d never see him again, so I mashed hard on the loud pedal, and hung on for dear life.

What a ride. As the video shows, I had to struggle to keep up. As they say at the poker table, I was “All In!” I left nothing on track. I was pedaling as hard as The General would let me.

I was amazed how fast Dell’s car was on the straights. We’d come out of a turn and off he’d go! Man, those things have some giddy up! And he’s a helluva driver.

Hell, Chris was so fast he was in another time zone for most of the session.

It was a real treat to run with you guys and it made me decide that when I hit the lottery, I’m buying a GT3!

‘Til next time, keep the dirty side down!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts

Jody, As I've said elsewhere, you're one class act!

Mike
Old 12-09-2007, 12:50 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, this is the point where I have to step in and potentially close this thread...

The word Jody (or falcon) even on the same page as "class act" - that is specifically prohibited in like 7 states or something (all of the southeastern states that Jody has visited coincidentally) ...

(just kiddin Jody )

Glad you guys had a good time. I wish I coulda been there.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Bigpinekey
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
The word Jody (or falcon) even on the same page as "class act" - that is specifically prohibited in like 7 states or something (all of the southeastern states that Jody has visited coincidentally) ...

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
Glad you guys had a good time. I wish I coulda been there.
Oh yea, I had a ball.

If you'd been there, that just means I'd had my azz kicked by, yet, another car. Heck, I'd been beat so much that weekend I was almost beginning to like it.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

bump for Jody. He's the man.

Quick Reply: Videa of a T1 Corvette Chasing GT3s 12/1/07 at VIR