Sponsored by:

Cheaper HANS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 04:49 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

Default Cheaper HANS

Sorry if this is a repost...

ATLANTA, Dec. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- HANS Performance Products is excited to announce their brand new HANS Device -- the Sport Series. The design is guaranteed to provide the same level of industry leading safety as existing HANS Devices, but retail at just $695.

All models in the $695 Sport Series offer the same proven strength and protection as existing HANS Devices. Breakthroughs in carbon fiber molding technology have allowed HANS Performance Products to pass cost savings directly onto racers. Sport Series models become available in the new-year. The most popular sizes will be available first. Pre - production parts will be at the HANS booth during this week's PRI show.
Old 12-06-2007 | 05:20 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Thanks -- glad to hear it. I don't see the new line on the HANS web site ...
Old 12-06-2007 | 05:22 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

"in the new year" - hopefully that is before the season starts. A local shop is setting up a group buy so I assume it will be somewhat soon...
Old 12-06-2007 | 05:42 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Not being a HANS user....how much does the weight factor into the comfort? The Professional is about 1lb, the Extra is about 1.5lbs and this new Sport is 2lbs. Will the extra weight have a material effect on comfort?

Thanks for posting this. I've been awaiting release of this new cheaper model.
Old 12-06-2007 | 05:53 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chrisp
Not being a HANS user....how much does the weight factor into the comfort? The Professional is about 1lb, the Extra is about 1.5lbs and this new Sport is 2lbs. Will the extra weight have a material effect on comfort?

I don't feel the weight has any significant bearing on the feel of the device.
Old 12-06-2007 | 10:24 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default New HANS Sport Series - $695

I met with HANS Performance Products today at the PRI show in Orlando. They have come out with a new "value priced" Hans device for $695 with standard tethers.

Here are the details:
  • Available January 2, 2008 (possibly earlier)
  • Sizes available - Model 20 Med, 20 Large, 20 XL, Model 30M and 30L - $695 for standard tethers, $730 for Quick Disconnect tethers
  • Sport Series - new for 2008, value priced, thick-wall carbon molding technology $695 standard tethers
  • Extra Series - lightweight, all carbon pre-preg construction $895 standard tethers
  • Professional Series - Ultimate lightweight protection $1295 standard tethers
  • The Sport model weighs about a lb. more than the "Extra" series. If you hold the "Extra" series and the "Sport" series, you can notice the weight difference. Users with neck problems or collar bone issues may want to stick with the "Extra" or "Professional" series units.
  • SFI approved(as of last week), expecting FIA approval in the near future
HANS has also introduced a new "Vision Plus Advantage" kit with a sliding tether system to allow 100% mobility side to side - more than any other head & neck restraint on the market. Available in standard version only, Quick Disconnects to probably follow. Upgrade with a hans purchase is $15 additional, the Vision kit to upgrade your existing device is $75 and includes tethers, tether carriers and nut washers that need replaced on the posts in the helmet. Most new posts kits will eventually have the upgraded washers with any Hans purchase once they phase out the old washers on the existing stock.

Hans has also leveled the pricing between Model 20 and Model 30 devices for anyone that has a need for the more reclined Model 30.

We need to get these new products placed on our website but anyone interested in pre-ordering, feel free to give us a call or email.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 12-06-2007 | 10:44 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
HANS has also introduced a new "Vision Plus Advantage" kit with a sliding tether system to allow 100% mobility side to side - more than any other head & neck restraint on the market.
Oh, please. No one is that stupid. Even the floor demo I saw today couldn't come close to what we did 5+ years ago.

First video: http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/OtherPages/Videos.html

Gregg Baker, P.E.
Isaac, LLC
Old 12-06-2007 | 10:47 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Double post

Last edited by gbaker; 12-06-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: oops
Old 12-06-2007 | 11:04 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gbaker
Oh, please. No one is that stupid. Even the floor demo I saw today couldn't come close to what we did 5+ years ago.

First video: http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/OtherPages/Videos.html

Gregg Baker, P.E.
Isaac, LLC
Since you always have to butt in on every Hans(or any other H&N device) thread, why don't you become a sponsor?
Old 12-06-2007 | 11:48 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

ditto
Old 12-07-2007 | 08:58 AM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by chrisp

Put 8oz on each shoulder and you have the worst case. The Hahns does not hang from the helmet; but, rests on the shoulders. I don't know it is there and I have the intermediate (Extra) model.

Last edited by Alan Herod; 12-07-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-07-2007 | 09:23 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

It's not like you are standing around with it resting on you shoulders. The device is pinned against you by the straps. I would venture a guess that the strap pressure is far more than static weight.
Old 12-07-2007 | 09:47 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Since you always have to butt in on every Hans(or any other H&N device) thread, why don't you become a sponsor?
Especially if you are going to bash another product, justifiably or not... and to the question, I highly doubt the weight will be a factor on your comfort, but I have the Pro model.
Old 12-07-2007 | 10:41 AM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Or at least join. I don't believe that marketing your product without at least being a member is within the spirit of Rennlist.
Old 12-07-2007 | 01:17 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Your points are well taken, gentlemen, yet there remains the other side of the coin: It is not within the spirit of Rennlist for a sponsor to consider that status a license to disseminate known falsehoods, especially regarding safety products. This place has too much class for that.

I am down with the calendar though.

Quick Reply: Cheaper HANS