Sponsored by:

Need cage ideas for 986

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:03 AM
bruinbro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need cage ideas for 986

I recently got a new hardtop for my car and the Stable Energies bolt-in cage won't work with it. I've ditched the cage and now I'd like to consider a weld in cage or another bolt-in. Any ideas and hopefully pics of Boxster cages? Also, any recommendations for fabricators in the SoCal area?

Thanks,

Bro

ETA: Forgot to mention that the car is my daily driver. I don't mind having the cage in the car all the time, but I don't want to start putting the tubes through the dash/air vents and whacking things out of the doors or roof. The Stable Energies design was good in that respect, too bad it is too big. BTW, I'm 5'10" so height really isn't an issue.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:57 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the cage I would model after. It looks very well constructed. IMO a cage is not a stop gap solution. If you are going to a welded in cage, do it all the way.

Good luck

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=boxster+Randy
Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Here's pics of another nice one. TC is in the bay area:

http://tcdesignfab.com/boxstercage.html

I saw a nice boxster cage that was built by Autopower in San Diego. The fit was very tight and the welding/fabrication was good (their custom cages are A LOT nicer than their bolt in kits). Reasonable price (~$2500) for a basic 6 point with flat X doorbars and turn around time was about a week.

Quick Reply: Need cage ideas for 986