Sponsored by:

2008 Lime Rock Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Alan G.
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default please stay on topic

HVR is in a difficult spot. We will never be CVR. We really need input from our hardcore base.

Single days are killers, because we would be restricted to one day double tows. PCA should try to lump their days together as much as possible. In which case we should split days with like minded regions such as NCR , HCP, or Shattembaum. Cut our risk, but keep a foothold in our historical home track.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Dan Jacobs
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

I think that the upside for small regions is that, due to limited availability, the weekday events will more likely be filled. putting the single days together is a good idea if you can work that out. I too dislike the condition ,cost ,and management attitude of LRP however will most likely be at all the PCA days there in 08. I would also ,as a free market believer, advocate higher registration fees ( rounding numbers) for the regions. As for the "club" can you say neverevereverever gonna happen just my.02
Old 11-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Jacobs
I think that the upside for small regions is that, due to limited availability, the weekday events will more likely be filled. putting the single days together is a good idea if you can work that out. I too dislike the condition ,cost ,and management attitude of LRP however will most likely be at all the PCA days there in 08. I would also ,as a free market believer, advocate higher registration fees ( rounding numbers) for the regions. As for the "club" can you say neverevereverever gonna happen just my.02
Neverevereverever?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Dan! Shop closed tomorrow? I was going to stop by and harass you..
Old 11-22-2007, 11:30 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The club may or may not come to fruition in 2008 or ever. They told me not a penny can be spent out of escrow until there are 200 fully paid members of the 300 maximum. They claim 82 have joined, but that includes those that are exploring it and have only paid in the $500 refundable deposit (you must pay to receive the offering statement). They may be very far from having it come together. That being said, 2008 may be a transition year where initially they release a certain number of dates and then add a few (remember how here at CVR we got an extra DE on October 1 and 2?). The jury is still out on the whole concept.

If we received fewer events, I would still go to them. Supply and demand -- there are many (me included) that have great affinity for LRP and will always seek out an opportunity to drive there -- rough pavement and all. I learned how to drive at LRP and enjoy the maddening pace -- never a moment to think because it's short, tight, and somewhat unpredictable.

I actually prefer weekdays and I think in 5 years I only went to 1 Saturday when there was no family schedule conflict - that Saturday you (Geoff) instructed my son and I was the pit crew. All our events appear to me to be pretty full (weekday experience talking), so if we have half the dates, I'd expect they would fill up twice as fast. A cost increase might slow down the process, but I'd still expect sell-outs.

Yes, LRP is much more expensive than other distant tracks, but it is our (CVR) local development track. It's where a whole bunch of us learned how to drive and once we were hooked, we started exploring other areas like WGI. If not for LRP, we would not be involved. Also to the expense consideration is the distance and the cost associated with going 5 hours instead of 1. For those in CT and parts of NY (say within 1 hour of LRP), we can spend less overall on a 2-day event at LRP than a 2-day at WGI (gas, meals, lodging, etc. vs. staying at home overnight).
Old 11-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Dan Jacobs
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Gary
And everyone else also
I'll be there friday - Holiday hours
A full day of "Pinks" ? arrrgh
Old 11-22-2007, 06:06 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been boycotting LRP for the past 2 years...I see no value, no new pavement that I believe I have paid for...just to many other places to go, and have fun.
Hell even Summit Point resurfaced!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sleder
I have been boycotting LRP for the past 2 years...I see no value, no new pavement that I believe I have paid for...just to many other places to go, and have fun.
Hell even Summit Point resurfaced!
Understand your position but your only punishing yourself. You should come up next year and run once at least, it is a great track, just owned by ***^%&*..
Old 11-22-2007, 08:02 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Understand your position but your only punishing yourself. You should come up next year and run once at least, it is a great track, just owned by ***^%&*..
Well, not sure about a great track, but not bad for a track 2 1/2 hours away from home....

Now as far as Skip.......
Old 11-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Well, not sure about a great track, but not bad for a track 2 1/2 hours away from home....

Now as far as Skip.......
It's a "great" track for those of us 40 minutes away, and deserves respect simply for it's history. Make no mistake, the asshats that have bought up the properties around it will eventually kill it so enjoy it while you can. The thought that Barber or anyone else can change it's future by selling memberships is ludicrous. Are the New Yorkers that are doing all of the pot-stirring going to go away because a bunch of people want to have a club? It's a joke. A circus barker is trying to sell a "it's gonna be" (fill in the blanks with paved, clubhouse, tennis courts, pool, massage parlor) club. Who in their right mind that has the $$ invests without investigating the investment. Talk to every club that has rented and ask about the "repaving fee". Ask WHY they improvements that were made last year were done. Was anything done out of profit to simply improve safety or the track itself just because it needed to be done? His BS # of $20M to pave and do track improvements is an insult to those of us with some knowledge of construction.. What was it, $2M for a complete rebuild and $18M for his retirement???

OK, off the
Old 11-22-2007, 08:45 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know a lot about what's going on over there because I'm not their target audience but I would shy away based on the fact that the person selling the memberships is the same person that sold them for the failed New Hampshire club....Club Motorsports Park or something like that. Some folks lost decent sums of money on that venture.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Only good, solid investment at the moment is my 930..
Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Forget "Google" stock. Track 930's will be the hot investment for 2008.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Goettel
HVR is in a difficult spot. We will never be CVR. We really need input from our hardcore base.

Single days are killers, because we would be restricted to one day double tows. PCA should try to lump their days together as much as possible. In which case we should split days with like minded regions such as NCR , HCP, or Shattembaum. Cut our risk, but keep a foothold in our historical home track.
forget LRP Alan. You guys keep putting together cups and saucers or open track events at WG and I'll be there every single time you do. Personally, I'm tired of the 20 minute run DE events. The formats that you guys played around with this year at the Glen were AWESOME. Between PCA, PDA and SCDA getting on LRP next year will be possible.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
cups and saucers or open track events at WG
Where do I sign up?.......
Old 11-24-2007, 12:12 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I still enjoy heading to LR for the day despite the 3 hour tow from Central NJ. Yes, it does lack the refinement and amenities of other tracks but it's still a blast to drive. No one can deny the history of the track nor the challenges the 1.5 miles of worn asphalt provide.

Quick Reply: 2008 Lime Rock Discussion