Sponsored by:

High speed car control - Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default High speed car control - Atlanta, GA

In a linked thread to the obvious interest in the "...means for developing more confidence" thread, I have emailed the Peachstated autocross head and asked him if Peachstate PCA would be interested in hosting a high speed car control "autocross". Let me know if anyone would be interested.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 AM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have some interest in that.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Interesting. At the last Peachestate DE and again at this week's PCA meeting I brought up this idea as well with a couple of members of the track committee. Peachestate has a beginner auto-x school, but I don't think that will cover what I'm interested in. It's also marketed towards beginners, and with a couple years of doing DEs I wouldn't want to take the place of a novice in this class. Ideally, they'd like people to autocross for a while before starting to DE but there's no rule people must do this. For people who drive cars without PSM, I think it's a great idea to take a course that focuses on how to handle loss of control and recovery.

I'm interested in a "refresher course" to see how much of my spin recovery skills I have after not really using them much for a few years -- PSM has only saved my butt a few times because I rarely get outa shape and needed it. But how much is what I remember, and how much is the electronics? Living in the South, I can't just wait for wintertime and find and empty parking lot...
Old 11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ECS
In a linked thread to the obvious interest in the "...means for developing more confidence" thread, I have emailed the Peachstated autocross head and asked him if Peachstate PCA would be interested in hosting a high speed car control "autocross". Let me know if anyone would be interested.
I would be interested... is there any way they could incorporate a skidpad?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

'm in charge of Peachstate PCA Autocross starting Jan 08... And I'm with you on this. The school is set-up for beginners and will have a slalom, Skidpad, and braking excercise. Even as a intermeadiate, and or expert your more than welcome to attend and "push it". If you don't mind siting throught the explaination of understeer and oversteer Again.

However, I'd like to hear your ideas of how it can be improved, whether that is an advanced instruction course, an all holds barred push it to the limit set-up, etc. We do however have to stay w/i Autocross rules & regulations so we can't do any 3rd gear drifting. Regardless, your wishes will not fall on deaf ears. Feel free to PM me contact info and I'll be intouch w/ you. I can always use help w/ set-up etc.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM
ECS
Pro

Dave, great to have you on this thread. Could we get the fairgrounds for a day sometime this winter? Maybe we could title the event car control rather than autox. No need for timers. Just a bunch of cones and open space. I am sure we could get 10+ people to pitch in $100.00 for an afternoon of skid pad, long sweepers, etc.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:48 PM
007DT
Drifting

I start all the fairgrounds scheduling in January for 08. But I'll check into it.

I instructed a couple times @ xtreme measures (Defensive Driving School) and we got to screw around all day in skid pads hosed down w/ water & soap. What a blast!!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:05 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys are not careful, I might even have to come down to GA . . .
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 AM
jester911
Drifting

This is sounding better all the time. Keep us posted Dave.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
ECS
Pro

Absolutely! I ended my season at Barber this weekend, but I can easlily explain to my wife that such a winter event would not be starting the '08 season early.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Benton
Drifting

HEY HEY, bringing this back to the top. Any chance we could get something going in late July? My dad and I would be up for going for sure. I'd love to get some wet skidpad time.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
ECS
Pro

I'm in!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
007DT
Drifting

When this thread started we were still in search of a venue for the Peachstate AutoX. You may know we've been holding it at 6 Flags White water (Spring & Fall) and 6 Flags over GA in Early Fall. These venues rent for $2K per day. And that is a negotiated bargain as compared to the other places we looked, Turner Field, Atlanta Motor Speedway, etc.

If we can find a place, I'm in too. However for $1,500 we can rent Talladaga GP in Alabama for a day. Frankly, I'd rater do that!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 007DT
When this thread started we were still in search of a venue for the Peachstate AutoX. You may know we've been holding it at 6 Flags White water (Spring & Fall) and 6 Flags over GA in Early Fall. These venues rent for $2K per day. And that is a negotiated bargain as compared to the other places we looked, Turner Field, Atlanta Motor Speedway, etc.

If we can find a place, I'm in too. However for $1,500 we can rent Talladaga GP in Alabama for a day. Frankly, I'd rater do that!
PM Red about July 2 at LTGP.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Benton
Drifting

Randy,
I haven't heard back from anyone on the 2nd, so it is looking more like it will be the 7th. Can you make that work? Did you get my email?

Quick Reply: High speed car control - Atlanta, GA