Sponsored by:

Another Data Acquisition Option - IQ3 from Racepak

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Another Data Acquisition Option - IQ3 from Racepak

Just saw the new system from Racepak, the IQ3. Looks like they finally got themselves a nice display, very similar to the AIM MXL series and the Race Technology Dash2. Features and price look decent, at $1395 it is cheaper than the competing systems once you add in the dash.

The big downside I see with this system, and all of the Racepak stuff including G2X, is that they charge you an arm and a leg for the sensors. This may not matter if you can plug it into your ECU, but if you have an older car and want to add any features to the basic system expect to pay a lot. The brake pressure/ throttle position/ steering angle sensors I want cost as much as the complete system, $1395. The same sensors from RaceTechnology or AIM are about half the price (or less). Once you add the Racepak sensors into the cost you are at the same price point (or more) than the competing systems. If you don't need the extra stuff though this looks like a very nice set-up. I have played with the software a bit and found it was not very intuitive and kind of a pain, but I would probably get used to it if I was using it regularly.

Anyway, it is nice to have another option in the under $2000 data system market:

http://www.racepak.com/IQ3Dash/index.htm
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If the Racepak allows user defined calibration, and has 0-5v inputs, then you can use any sensor.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Cory M
Drifting

You can use your own sensors but each sensor will require a Vnet module, at $119 each.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Cory M
Drifting

I spoke with a vendor and even though it is listed everywhere at $1395, the actual price will be $1495 when they start selling them at the end of December..
Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
rprep
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IQ3 information

Good evening guys. One of our customers sent an email letting me know about the above discussion, so I wanted to drop by and provide additional information about this product.

The retail price of the IQ3 is $1395.00, and there will be no increase in price. They will be available for shipping in January and will be available direct from Racepak or through selected Racepak dealers.

We also have a new 4 input module that allows the customer to program any of the inputs as rpm/analog/resitive temp, while utilizing their own sensors or appropriate inputs from items such as ECU's etc. The housing contains a removable lid with O-ring seal, along with water resistant strain relief connectors. This item will retail for $159.00 USD. This will be a canbus (Vnet) input, so a T connector is supplied with the module. Any number of these can be added, up to the total number of sensor inputs. A terminal strip inside the housing provides shield/signal/5V/12V/ground connects for each sensor.

If anyone has additional questions, I would be happy to answer them via the iq3dash forum.

Thanks,
Tim @ Racepak.

Quick Reply: Another Data Acquisition Option - IQ3 from Racepak