Sponsored by:

SCCA Class question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

The 2.0L ITB 924's are '76-82. 81-82 are most desirable, due to gearbox and brake options, etc.

LOL... Geo's been building that car nearly as long as I've been racing!

Thanks, MrBill!

+2 on what timo's saying... I'm running 34mm rear t-bars in my little car, and I'm not 100% convinced that they're too hard. But yes, just get out there and drive!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 924RACR
LOL... Geo's been building that car nearly as long as I've been racing!
You speak the truth. I've gotten back at it recently. I got the windshield out and all the weatherstripping off. I've got to get a little more weatherstripping goo off. After that I have to get some things out of the hatch area (was using it for storage of sorts) and get some parts out from around the car and I can finish scuffing the interior.

I have the week after Thanksgiving off. I have to paint my house, but I'm hoping to get that done quickly enough to have some time to at least get the 944 in primer. I'd really like to have it in paint before the end of the year. Then the real fun begins.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timo944
Jay,

You are in ITS with your car. Just put in a cage and al lthe other safety gear and drive!! I've seen some late 924S in ITS do fairly well.

After you get good, get a good suspension. Ditch the Koni's and get Ledas or something. Use 32mm+ rear torsion bars and good stiff springs with shocks set up to match.

One recommendation - get a modified oil pan if you can - it may save you a blown motor.
Good tip!!!!! Thanks!

Quick Reply: SCCA Class question