Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Word of caution SPEEDGALLERY in California

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
c4bliss
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isnt the whole "shill" statement illegal? I would of thought that a shill was very against the rules. I think you prob got lucky, if they are willing to treat you like that, how can you trust any statement regarding the motor?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
FlyingDog
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most ebay will do is cancel the seller's account. He'll just create another.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts

Hey MDL,

That's exactly what I plan on doing....NOTHING....It's not worth my time or money to chase these Donkey butts...Just draging their name thru the mud a bit will make me happy...

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
egress91506
Advanced

Originally Posted by MDL
MMMM.... not sure why you would spend good money to go after a goof ball like that. Sure what he did was bogus. Your not really out of any money except for a few phone calls. The best thing you can do is what you already did which is let everybody know. What good is going through a big legal hassle (which will only turn into a pi$$ing contest) when you could spend the time to find another unit?

Dan.
I wasn't promoting filing a lawsuit (which is always a hassle and expensive). I was suggesting contacting the county's criminal prosecutor who would have jurisdiction over it (and it won't cost the original poster anything) and is more likely to cause pain for the dealership. Again, the original poster could consider himself lucky that the transaction didn't go through.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
MDL
Racer

Originally Posted by egress91506
I wasn't promoting filing a lawsuit (which is always a hassle and expensive). I was suggesting contacting the county's criminal prosecutor who would have jurisdiction over it (and it won't cost the original poster anything) and is more likely to cause pain for the dealership. Again, the original poster could consider himself lucky that the transaction didn't go through.
AHHH, I see, that would be worth doing. It would be nice to know if a prosecutor would follow through.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
Hey MDL,

That's exactly what I plan on doing....NOTHING....It's not worth my time or money to chase these Donkey butts...Just draging their name thru the mud a bit will make me happy...
And you'll get just as much for your troubles. I've made three purchases on Ebay (2 sets of wheels and some wheel caps) and got riped off twice.

The third buy was wheels and I bought them from Ruff. Great transaction. CC payment. UPS shipping w/tracking #. I will not buy anything from a private individual until I can pay w/PayPal or regular CC.

Sorry about your troubles. Glad you still have the 15K in your account.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, I don't do ebay, but wouldn't it have been totally legal for him to put in a "minimum reserve" to ensure he gets what he wants for it, instead of playing the shill game?

Confused,
-Z-man.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
Um, I don't do ebay, but wouldn't it have been totally legal for him to put in a "minimum reserve" to ensure he gets what he wants for it, instead of playing the shill game?

Confused,
-Z-man.
Yes, but no where near as attractive as a "no reserve" auction, which I doubt really ever exists. I once had a Barret-Jackson type car for sale and looked at shipping the car to Scottsdale. The first thing that happened after I signed-up for B-J was that I had multiple contacts from individuals offering their services as "shills" to insure I got my price or a "no sale" equivalent. Some wanted airfare, etc.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:51 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man

Confused,
-Z-man.
Originally Posted by Bull
Yes, but no where near as attractive as a "no reserve" auction, which I doubt really ever exists. I once had a Barret-Jackson type car for sale and looked at shipping the car to Scottsdale. The first thing that happened after I signed-up for B-J was that I had multiple contacts from individuals offering their services as "shills" to insure I got my price or a "no sale" equivalent. Some wanted airfare, etc.

The reason they also pull this crap is that to put in a min reserve price you have to PAY the listing fee at that price point. This is their way of scamming the system as well.

Very simply, these blowhards are typical eBay assclowns
Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell

Very simply, these blowhards are typical eBay assclowns
An excellent summary!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Bruce P
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Download a complaint form from the California Attorney Generals Consumer Affairs Division--- Take 5 minutes to fill it out and in a few days or weeks the sleezeballs at SPEEDGALLERY will be having to answer the complaint which is no fun. Your 5 minutes will cause them hours of grief and worry.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always gotten screwed on Ebay, whether buying or selling. From listening to people around here I thought I was alone, that everyone else loved Ebay I have always thought it sucks.

Bill Seifert

1987 944S Race Car
Old 10-26-2007, 04:39 PM
JayP
Pro

Shill bidding is not permitted. I had a brother in law ask me to bid on some of his stuff. I wasn't going to toss my 100% rating to get him $10 more...

At the least, you warned us.

I've been on ebay 9+ years, bought and sold. Only once have I been taken- was shipped another shift **** than the one depicted on the auction. But it was less than $20 and wasn't enough to bother with more than a PayPal report.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
joyride5
Instructor

I've dealt with speedgallery and they are the biggest crooks!!!
They lie and do ****ty work
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that happened. Crappy thing for them to do, but you might be better off. I'd definitely take the time to give the AG a call to give them some ****. They shouldn't get a complete hall pass.

I've never had a problem on ebay, knock on wood, buying or selling.

Quick Reply: Word of caution SPEEDGALLERY in California