Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007 | 06:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TD in DC
wimp not to mention the fact that you just jinxed yourself

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
WOW!! CONGRATS!!!!

2.5 weeks early is not that good for HWFMR but otherwise not unusual at all, my 1st was about 2 weeks and 2nd actually almost 4 weeks (that was little tense but everything turned out great).

Look at all that hair! Babys are supposed to be basically bold! Oh man, I can see the ladies drooling already...
Thanks! Looks like we both had a great weekend.....first the baby, then Kimi. Does life get any better?

Originally Posted by smackboy1
Congratulations, Dell! Now go and get some sleep.
Sleep? What's that? As Sam says on the NBC show Las Vegas....."I can sleep when I am dead"

Originally Posted by James-man
Ditto that. Childbirth classes fail to mention how challenging the first 6 weeks can be after your little bundle of joy arrives. Sleep whenever you can.

Congrats!
They also fail to tell you that all the techniques they teach you and the excercies your wife should do to "control" the pain don't work or get remembered!!!!

Originally Posted by sjanes
Congrats Dell. The "one and done" will last about a year
Time for the snip snip

Originally Posted by chrisp
Congrat's Dell! My wife and I are in the same boat - due Nov 21st.

We are also having the 2 or 3 debate.

Go Cowboys! (noticed the star on your shirt)
Thanks! I was the 18th.....November is a great month for Birthdays!!!!!!

Cowboys are on a roll. Maybe a rematch with the Pats in the Super Bowl with a better result???

Originally Posted by ltc
Congratulations Dell

BTW, it's just the greatest day of your life so far, there will be many, many more.

(Remember, 50cc kid kart, 5-8 yrs old )
5? I heard 4
Old 10-22-2007 | 07:56 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Congrats!! Last month my wife and I welcomed our second child (daughter) into our world. I'm truly in love with my kids...greatest thing ever happened to me! Enjoy every minute becuase as many will tell you it goes by so fast!
Old 10-22-2007 | 08:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Congrats right back at ya Marcelo!
Old 10-22-2007 | 09:52 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Welcome Parker!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news Dell.

Life is good.
Old 10-22-2007 | 11:30 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!

Kids are the best - enjoy every moment. Always keep your family as your number one priority in life.
Old 10-23-2007 | 08:25 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
No kidding. We said one and done after the first. Two and done after the second. And now we're "talking" about a third which is code for my wife wants another and I have a small role in the decision making process (to do what I'm told).

My favorite moment from the first is when you get home from the hospital with the baby and look at your wife and say "now what do we do"
After all the rushing around and this and that you get home get the stuff and bundle in the house and settle down. That's when it sinks in. This little person is not just visiting and he is not going home in a day or two.

Rules are two kid min. They need to have someone to fight about toys with with.
Old 10-23-2007 | 11:47 AM
DC5Chick06
Advanced

Awww Congrats
Old 10-23-2007 | 11:57 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
...Thanks! Looks like we both had a great weekend.....first the baby, then Kimi. Does life get any better?
Not much.

But trust me, life will suck too and you some times feel miserable with the kid but in the end, it's million times worth it.

You are at the beginning of experiencing something you have never ever experienced before and something that can not be experienced unless you have what you have just been given.
Old 10-23-2007 | 01:29 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

"Your life will never be the same"
I heard that a million times and got sick of it! But quess what? All those people were right! And I can tell you, it ain't alway easy!! There was many times that 1st 6 weeks I dreamed up sneaking off and moving to Florida or something. But I can also tell you this, I just don't think life's complete without a child. My son's going on 12 and I wouldn't change this experience for anything in the world. I don't think there's a love more special that a parent and a child.
BEST OF LUCK!!
Pat
Old 10-23-2007 | 07:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I am sure you parents have already done this but do you just sit there and stare at him for hours and think to yourself "I wonder what he is thinking?"

I finally understand what is so great about joining this fraternity. Most here know how flipping addicted I am to the track and my car. I go any chance I can get and instruct as well to see others fall in love with the sport but..........now I can't understand why, but the thought of the track versus just hanging with the little one doesn't even cross my mind. My wife has already given the ok to go back to the track. I'm going to wait until SHE feels comfortable coming with me and bringing my boy with us so I can spend time with him during run sessions

Gotta run........going to go stare at him some more!

Quick Reply: Greatest day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!