Sponsored by:

The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:22 PM
2000gt3cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
I will be doing my first Club Race at CMP that weekend - if all goes well.
Besides, that event last year was ridiculously crowded with drivers that couldn't get their arm out to give a pass.
Have fun guys.

Matt see you at the Club race.. hate to miss VIR as it is my favorite track.. this my first year not getting at least 6 days there... I will make it up next year....

you will enjoy your first club race if you need assistance let me know I drive a yellow 2000 Cup number 76.. I will be there weds nite for Thurs Test n Tune

carroll
Old 11-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Hi guys-
I was able to find a spot , so i will be there.
Im driving down from NYC in my pcar , so please stop by (silver 993 turbo).
Im hoping i can hitch a track ride with someone as i need a little tutorial on the track.
thanks,
rob
Old 11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello to the people I met this weekend:

Randall Joe - had met him before, but hadn't really had a chance to hang out, he and ChrisL and I had some good times this weekend - and Randy, thanks for helping me load my car after I lost the clutch...

993inNC - great to meet you, if only for a brief moment....

PurpleHaze parked next to Me/ChrisL/Randall - we didn't get a chance to talk much, but did manage to all grab dinner together.

I had a chance to talk with Bull/RedlineMan/David in Va - even had a chance to meet Dave's wife (Erin?) and took her for a ride in Black on Sunday morning - which was fun.

Also, good to see Sleder again, even though I was on my way to meet my student, and didn't get a chance to talk long... Good to see you...

The people I really missed were A930Rocket, Forklift, TD. But maybe next time....

Fri/Sat were slow with huge trains, but once all the people left on Sunday morning, the party started it seemed and we were able to run some decent lap times. Maybe next year I register and I only show up for Sunday????

Anyway, had a pretty good time (not great, but pretty good), and got to meet new people and see old friends. That alone is worth the price of admission....

Brian
Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
David in VA
Instructor

Had a great weekend as well, especially yesterday when the weather turned perfect. Lot's of trains early in the weekend but they seemed to get better later on. Brian, thanks very much for taking Erin out. She couldn't stop talking about what a great experience it was and what a great driver you are. I can vouch for the same myself. I had some great runs myself and Erin is thoroughly enjoying driving. Life is good.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Enjoyed doing it Dave. I backed it down quite a bit with her in the car. It was funny, I kept watching her out of the corner of my eye and she kept looking down at the G2X display to see how fast we were going...

Glad she enjoyed it...
Old 11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
str8ner
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,

What the H! happened to you during the first afternoon session. After you just past me before oak tree you suddenly stopped! Anyway it was very nice seeing you this week-end. Was a great way to end the season.

See you next year,

Stephan
Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Stephan! Sorry that happened man! I passed you going up the hill, then went through Oak Tree, came out of Oak Tree, and when I pressed the clutch to go from 2nd to 3rd the clutch went to the floor and I couldn't get it in gear.

SO I WAS STUCK!

DANG, I was in a tight spot!!! (some of you will get that, some won't)

So, sorry to screw you up. It was good to see you and Astrid as well. I spoke to her on Saturday morning for a while, sounds like she's driving nicely... You were cookin' out there from what I saw in the "T3"...

Brian
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Bigpinekey
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
DANG, I was in a tight spot!!! (some of you will get that, some won't)

Nothing a little Dapper Dan couldn't take care of.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

There ya go boss!

"Any of you boys Smitties?"
Old 11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Bigpinekey
Instructor

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
There ya go boss!

"Any of you boys Smitties?"
No, but we could be "trained in the metallurgic arts. They would make us "bona fide."
Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Despite the cold mornings it was a great event. To bad it had to end so soon. My wife did a couple of 360's on her last run of the day Sunday but she is over it now and we both can't wait until next season. Hope to meet more of you at next years events.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

Although the drive down seems to get shorter every year I had fun as always. We had a total of 5 flats on the way down, and one guy blew a third on the way home! I, for once, had no tire problems.

I think they need to hold down the attendance a little. Too crowded. The usual secret to avoiding trains is having a slow car like mine, but even I did not get many clean laps on the 1st two days... if any at all. NNJR Red is a fast group, but there are still a few that are not overly "aggressive" in the turns.

Just never seem to get around to meeting as many people as I want to...
Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Hey John, where you out in Blue/White or did you have a co-drover?

I was working pit out. There were so many people in black that after about 2/3 of them had lined up in pit row, we had to stop letting them down otherwise they would have completely blocked the pit in entrance.

There weren't many trains in the Sun afternoon sessions. I was glad I stayed for the full day. Actually the worst session was Sun morning. I had to pit twice and wait a while to get some distance from the trains. Even that didn't work as I quickly caught up to them.

-Scott
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Al P.
Pro

It really was a good weekend even with the frost, fog, cloudy/overcast skies.

I spent most of the weekend trying to stay out of the way, hopefully I didn't hold up anyone too badly. Having gone to three events since May of '06 and learning a new car I found myself painfully slow and having a dificult time "attacking" the track.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sometimes I wonder if that's not their way of keeping the speeds down. (the large groups) They certainly don't need that many in order to turn a profit.

Alot of my friends had stopped going to that event, and evidently I just didn't see the light, but I think its starting to shine now, and I can barely see it - which indicates that this year may have possibly been my last trip with them. I hate to say that, because this has been my favorite event for so long, but 70+ cars in Red makes it difficult - Sunday was GREAT, Fri/Sat was just pretty much a waste of tires/fuel...

Brian

Quick Reply: The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...