Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which is fastest.
Yoko Advan Scrubs
25.00%
New R6's
75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Yoko Race Scrubs vs New R6's (which is faster)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yoko Race Scrubs vs New R6's (which is faster)

Which is faster?

I have had kind of an unorthodox method to trying new tires, I started with old Pirelli Pzero's and then my first R-compound was a Hoosier R3S03 which I got lots of track time on. Then I got some sport cups and now Yoko scrub slicks that I bought from the guy that many people here buy from.

I have yet to try R6's though, but I know the Yoko's as scrubs are much faster than the Sport Cups, but so are the R6's.

I want to know if I'll lose much time, if any when I need DOT legal tires for time trial competitions. Which would likely be new R6's.

So which is faster new R6's of Scrub Yoko advan slicks.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

yoko scrubs would be a lot faster than new hoosiers from what ive seen on cars that run both.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:15 PM
wanna911
Race Car

I was hoping that wasnt so, I guess I'll have to try some R6's to see how my car likes them. The Yokos slide, but it's very controllable IMO. I think I could get MPSC within 3 seconds of the scrubs, but it wouldnt be easy.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

3 seconds is an eternity. I chased a Vette around Barber last weekend who was on Yoko's. Not sure what compound he was on or their age. It did not look to me like he was sliding around as much as I was on the R6's (the R6's had two heat cycles).

Barber

Last edited by John H; 10-18-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: linky no worky
Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by John H
3 seconds is an eternity. I chased a Vette around Barber last weekend who was on Yoko's. Not sure what compound he was on or their age. It did not look to me like he was sliding around as much as I was on the R6's (the R6's had two heat cycles).

Barber
Could be I was pushing a tad bit harder than him and the weight of my car (3590 w/ me)

Oddly enough the only place I slid was exiting 5 (and the braking zone entering) and entering 15 (I think, the one right before the last turn). They really got squirly under hard braking.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

And used hooseirs more than a few heat cycles can be REAL slow. If you dont wear them out first, they turn in to stones

mk

Originally Posted by wanna911
Which is faster?

I have had kind of an unorthodox method to trying new tires, I started with old Pirelli Pzero's and then my first R-compound was a Hoosier R3S03 which I got lots of track time on. Then I got some sport cups and now Yoko scrub slicks that I bought from the guy that many people here buy from.

I have yet to try R6's though, but I know the Yoko's as scrubs are much faster than the Sport Cups, but so are the R6's.

I want to know if I'll lose much time, if any when I need DOT legal tires for time trial competitions. Which would likely be new R6's.

So which is faster new R6's of Scrub Yoko advan slicks.

Quick Reply: Yoko Race Scrubs vs New R6's (which is faster)