Sponsored by:

Garage spaces and DE

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdrums
It is first to line up before the gates open fisrt to a pit space here at Sebring. I have not seen one problem.
Seems like that could end being like The Who concert at Riverfront Stadium...
Old 10-02-2007, 09:45 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Nice try Globester....but yes, I have been there long ago. Kicked A&M's *** as I recall. Many of the guys DID need some shots afterward!
You've been there, and you're willing to come back? Oh my.

Did the guys make a side trip to La Grange by chance?

Anybody who has been involved in kicking A&M's butt is ok by me though!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
You've been there, and you're willing to come back? Oh my.

Did the guys make a side trip to La Grange by chance?

Anybody who has been involved in kicking A&M's butt is ok by me though!
La Grange??? Of course not! Our friend ZZ Top told us all about THAT!

That is a bit like going to Bozier City when in Shreveport (I have been to all the best places)...like Mom's Wellhead Tavern.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:09 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it's not a discussion about compensating instructors but since it was brought up as a perk for instructors....i think the students should pay something towards having an instructor. Some regions do this and I think it's a great idea.

Garages should be part of the registration process. Pay a little extra and you get one.

I wish PCA helped regions with registration infrastructure such as a common website for DE reg. This would help smaller regions and/or regions who struggle for volunteers get more done with fewer people. Sounds like for some posting here that the fee-for-garage concept is sound but may not be able to be executed because it adds more work. With automated registration and paypal I have to believe a significant portion of the work is eliminated.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:03 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

My last time at WG, I went for the Friday (instructors only) lapping day prior to a PCA DE. It was raining Friday AM, so we were in no hurry and arrived 10ish. Due to the rain, the garage space was highly desirable. Somewhere we recalled mention, (maybe at the Thurs registration?) that folks should put 3 cars in each bay, if you pull forward, it can easily be done. Well, the spaces were all full, 2 to a bay, with 6 or 8 "cones" put out to reserve spots for friends. We made up our own pits out in the parking lot. It left a bad vibe to us, visitors from another region. We didn't say anything, but to hold a spot, or ignore parking instructions to give yourself more elbow room seemed rude and inconsiderate. Were we expecting too much for the other instructors to use the honor system?
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Nice try Globester....but yes, I have been there long ago. Kicked A&M's *** as I recall. Many of the guys DID need some shots afterward!

Was that before or after the visit to the "Chicken Ranch" (or was that before your time??)

TAMU - MS Class of '82

Quick Reply: Garage spaces and DE