Mclaren - British
Coughlan - British
Stepney - British
Lowe - British
Whitmarsh - British
BBC - British

The FIA is hunting for Hamilton evidence
Marca 20th september 2007

Madrid - The judgment of the most scandalous, long and tricky judgment in Formula 1 history remains open. There are already future culprits, fines and threats for McLaren-Mercedes, but the pilots leave us as if not quite everything has been said and done.

One of them is the leader of the World Championship, Lewis Hamilton, the only one of the three pilots of the English Team that did not contribute anything in the case until he himself the 13th prensented in Paris a declaration in writing. In it, he affirms “not to have made anything wrong, knows nothing of e-mails between Pedro Of Rosa and Fernando Alonso and absolutely nothing of the spy information of Ferrari”. And spoke only to say “yes, I have written that and it is my truth”, nobody asked him anything else.

But nobody, neither the World-wide Council, nor the presents, was convinced of the “ignorance” of the pilot much
(except the brits ). In fact, The FIA is on the hunt for any emails, SMS or informative elements that go against his declaration before the maximum federal organism. For that reason Mosley, in Belgium affirmed that he would watch the actions of McLaren against Fernando. Nothing was said of Hamilton.

Last edited by Nano; 09-21-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 753 Posts

Nice cultural bias there, Nano. Way to do EXACTLY what you are accusing others of doing.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Nice cultural bias there, Nano. Way to do EXACTLY what you are accusing others of doing.

SO now we have cultural balance ......
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Veloce Raptor,

I think all Nano is trying to say (as least I hope) is the there is no way Alonso is going to get a fair shake from McLaren or the British press (they want Hamilton to be the next Tiger Woods). The world doesn't work that way, and if the tables were reversed I wouldn't expect it to be different in any other country.

If Ron Dennis were a stand up guy, as Team Leader, he would not have "ratted" Alonso out or tried to assign blame, but would have taken the hit, as Team Leader.

Maybe he should have taken a lesson from the Bard (his former fellow countryman) and considered that fact that he is "protesting" too much. When someone (like Dennis) is insistent about how much integrity they have, it is probably best to run a mile, and watch from the sidlines..

By the way, it is impossibe to be racist (veiled or otherwise) against a system (i.e. British Justice)!

I think Nano gets it! I hope you do too!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Breaking News.....

Originally Posted by kurt M
F1 cars only hold one person. They would have to figure out how to pry them apart first.
The FIA has just learned that in fact that the Ferrari Technical Documents were used to build a top secret 2 seat McLaren F1 car, designed around Alonso and A. Wayne......

The FIA released a spy pic from an anonymous driver.......

It is unclear whether or not McLaren's success was due to Alonso coming to the team or if in fact A. Wayne is responsible for Alonso's success......

More updates as they come in......

We now return you to your regularly scheduled F1 soap opera.
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2007, 07:08 AM
jester911
Drifting

^^^^^^
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The FIA has just learned that in fact that the Ferrari Technical Documents were used to build a top secret 2 seat McLaren F1 car, designed around Alonso and A. Wayne......

The FIA released a spy pic from an anonymous driver.......

It is unclear whether or not McLaren's success was due to Alonso coming to the team or if in fact A. Wayne is responsible for Alonso's success......

More updates as they come in......

We now return you to your regularly scheduled F1 soap opera.
I'll take a pass on the man love part but would just about kill for a ride in that.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Nano
Racer

The article i quote is spanish (marca.com), whereas almost every single news quoted on this forum comes from the english press. (there goes your bias, if any)
It was just meant as an ironic eye opener. Whether you read spanish / british / italian / french... news doesn't matter, just be aware of it. From a british tabloid, about a british driver and a british team run mostly by brits... of course Alonso will look like a criminal! Compare what you read about Alonso and the People I quoted above... have you read anything negative about them? Everyone is passed as saints(some articles are plain funny). Everything in the press could very well be the truth, but when reading the colorful adjectives given to Alonso by the british press, I give the benefit of the doubt to Alonso. I do the same when I read news about Ferrari in Italy, I instantly go read what other newspapers have to say. It gives a better perspective of reality.

Colm said it better than me

Last edited by Nano; 09-24-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And the reason for the $100M fine:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...750320,00.html
Old 09-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
The article i quote is spanish (marca.com), whereas almost every single news quoted on this forum comes from the english press. (there goes your bias, if any)
It was just meant as an ironic eye opener. Whether you read spanish / british / italian / french... news doesn't matter, just be aware of it. From a british tabloid, about a british driver and a british team run mostly by brits... of course Alonso will look like a criminal! Compare what you read about Alonso and the People I quoted above... have you read anything negative about them? Everyone is passed as saints(some articles are plain funny). Everything in the press could very well be the truth, but when reading the colorful adjectives given to Alonso by the british press, I give the benefit of the doubt to Alonso. I do the same when I read news about Ferrari in Italy, I instantly go read what other newspapers have to say. It gives a better perspective of reality.

Colm said it better than me
Thank you for proving my point.

By the way, I have remendous respect for Alonso's driving skills, FYI.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Nano
Racer

Thank you for proving my point.

By the way, I have remendous respect for Alonso's driving skills, FYI.
When was Alonso's driving skill the issue? Anyone here denying that? I'm far from an Alonso Fan, but after the latest WMSC, I'm not OBLIVIOUS to how the british tabloids have almost singled him out as the bad apple in the mclaren lot. And reading some comments here, apparently some swallowed a bit too much of what the press fed them.

Mclaren won't appeal the WMSC decision. Funny how Ron Dennis and Mclaren back paddled from their statements of "unjust, biased, undeserved, baseless, witch-hunt" penalty in just one week.

Last edited by Nano; 09-24-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Doesn't anyone think that we are missing the big picture? Why are we roasting the "outer" of the criminal when we should be discussing how the perputrators should be dealt with? Who cares why Alonso came forward with his evidence? Maybe his attorneys advised him to do so to avoid future witholding of evidence charges? Let's focus our attention on the real criminals here.

One more thing. If something does fail in Alonso's car, I will never respect Ron again. Also, if Alonso takes Hamilton out, I will never repect Alonso again. I want to enjoy F1. Hopefully, the end of the season will play out without this type of controversy which nobody should enjoy.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by mitch236
Doesn't anyone think that we are missing the big picture?
Exactly, the issue is far more intricate than anyone here knows. It will take months, if not years before all the details and nuances that led to this disaster surface (if they ever will... F1 likes to dig its sh*t deep, quickly and forever). Alonso said it himself when they asked him if he blackmailed his team "that's what you think" was his answer.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:38 AM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Nobody responsed to my 2 questions, which I think are important to a full understanding of the controversy .......

2 questions, pls:

Isn't it now established fact that Alonso tried to blackmail Dennis, and that in response Dennis launched a Protection Reaction Strike by notifying the FIA about the Ferrari documents?

Did McLaren pay Stepney for the info [either money or a job]? (Why would Stepney offer them the purpoined documents without an incentive?)

Quick Reply: Ron Dennis confirms Alonso blackmailed him