Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex Cup on TV now. Keen in second place!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:28 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rolex Cup on TV now. Keen in second place!

The final event is in Utah and Leh Keen is running sceond in the #85 FL car.

GO LEH !!

It's on SPEED
Old 09-15-2007, 03:39 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit. Now in second.

Also, press release today, Automatic racing will be running an M6 bodied Riley chassis in GT in 2008. I think it'll run the m5v8 though (similar to dp motor)

Last edited by 95m3racer; 09-15-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:03 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Why are all these GT cars running tube chassis except Porsche??

Isn't that a distinct disadvantage for us?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:17 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They took second, almost first in the last turn, but a back marker caused major sh*t for the GTO and the Porsche. Congrats to Leh and company!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:19 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 798 Likes on 404 Posts

One of the most entertaining races to watch.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:32 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great move by Dominik on the Pontiac. Couldn't ask for a more exicting finish....

Congrats to Werner and congrats to Leh and Co.....
Old 09-15-2007, 09:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
One of the most entertaining races to watch.
All grand-am Dp races are the most entertaining to watch ....
Old 09-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

man that was a fun race...I thought Max was going to get cooked
Old 09-16-2007, 12:21 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1957 356
man that was a fun race...I thought Max was going to get cooked
I actually jumped up out of the chair and yelled at him to "GET OUT OF THE F*^&*&* CAR !"

Glad he made it.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:22 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
They took second, almost first in the last turn, but a back marker caused major sh*t for the GTO and the Porsche. Congrats to Leh and company!
Someone told me the backmarker car that took Dominik out was another Pontiac. I didn't Tivio, so can anyone tell me if that's true? If so, do you think it was intentional?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:45 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe it was a GTO, but it looked like he tried to make room to the left after F*ing up the first place car, then found a 911 at his door with no place to go. I think if Dominic could replay that, he would have tried the same move. He needed only half a car to make it stick.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

What do you guys think about the contact between the two cars going for the DP championship? Was it a racing incident? In my mind a right front tire contacting a left rear is pushing the definition of racing incident.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 798 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
What do you guys think about the contact between the two cars going for the DP championship? Was it a racing incident? In my mind a right front tire contacting a left rear is pushing the definition of racing incident.
I think the contact in both situations should have been called racing incidents. When Pruett was in front, he purposely tried to squeeze the other guy when he was already alongside. He should have just left room. In the second one, Gurney checked up, and that is when scott nudged him. I do think that the team car to Pruett should have been back flagged for failing to yield to the blue flags -- he was clearly holding up Gurney with the purpose of letting Pruett catch up.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Yeah, it was a little strange that the first one wasn't called and the second one was. I guess the race director must have thought it was retaliation. I guess I've still got a lot to learn about this stuff because I thought the first incident was questionable and looked like the 99 stuck a nose in when he couldn't make the pass and on the second one the 99 car brake checked Pruett.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree with the results. The incident between Fogarty and Pruett could have been avoided if Pruett had left a little more room, Fogarty was in a good position leading up to the turn until Pruett squeezed him into the dirty part of the track. The incident was a lot less aggressive than the pass Angeleli made on the same 01 car earlier in the race, where they bashed sides several times before Angeleli got past, and no one was complaining about that one. It only became a big deal when the tires were punctured and caused so much damage.

I think it was lame that the sister Gannassi car was intentionally slowing down the 99, but I would probably do the same thing if it was my race team and the championship was within reach.

Pruett rear-ending Gurney was lame and I'm glad he got a drive through. He wasn't making a move to pass just hitting him square in the back, probably out of frustration and desperation. Rear-ending a car in order to pass him in the closing stages of a race should punished and not be rewarded.

The guy I really feel for is Max Angelleli, he had the fastest car and a good strategy, he would have taken the championship if it weren't for the flat. I was surprised at Pruett's comments after the race, he is usually a class-act.

All in all it was a pretty exciting season, and even though I hate controlled spec pro racing series and think the DPs are ugly as hell, they do have great close racing. The Gainsco team was unstoppable at the end of the season (something like 7 wins and 9 consecutive pole positions), they deserve their championship.

Quick Reply: Rolex Cup on TV now. Keen in second place!