Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring 15th and 16th September - Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007 | 03:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Juha G
Actually, I qualify for both #2 and #3! (See my post about my recent spin at Moroso...)
OK , Phew same Finn.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
tkerrmd: I heard that Dave White sold his shop. Is that true? Who bought him out? Is he still involved?
Bob Brooks (ViperBob on this board) bought the shop and it looks awesome. Bob has invested in some new equipment and the same guys all work there and he has added some new nice faces too. Bob is awesome to do business with and is totally on hand at the shop. Last time I was in last week Dave White was there.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:31 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=A.Wayne;4586864]What ! another Finn, in So FLa @ dat...
So we have
1. The Flying Finn
2. The spinning Finn
3. The screw in the tire Finn... [QUOTE]
Hey, to quote old Toyota Rally & F1 Boss, Mr. Anderson (or was it JT?): "If you want to win, you need a Finn!"

Juha, why don't you try hell & toe with Heel instead o rolling your feet? You must've had old WV beetle where that's kinda mandatory trait to learn. when yo actually use your heel instead of rolling your feet, there is no risk of foot slipping from the brake.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:38 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Originally Posted by A.Wayne
What ! another Finn, in So FLa @ dat...
So we have
1. The Flying Finn
2. The spinning Finn
3. The screw in the tire Finn...
Hey, to quote old Toyota Rally & F1 Boss, Mr. Anderson (or was it JT?): "If you want to win, you need a Finn!"

Juha, why don't you try hell & toe with Heel instead o rolling your feet? You must've had old WV beetle where that's kinda mandatory trait to learn. when yo actually use your heel instead of rolling your feet, there is no risk of foot slipping from the brake.
I think we can add one more Finn to Wayne's list now; The Heel&toe Finn!

I actually drove the car to work today and my heel&toe with my regular shoes was just plain perfect!! Damn that I can't replicate it with my racing shoes....

I should try the "original" heel&toe as you said Petu. I know you were perfectly comfortable with that technique in my car. So at least I know it's possible...
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:57 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
tkerrmd: I heard that Dave White sold his shop. Is that true? Who bought him out? Is he still involved?
Shop has been sold to some investors. It is run by Bob (Viper) Brooks, now called Vortexmotorsports.
Great race shop now even better!

PS, Mark congrats on solo, you were driving great!!!

See you guys at Sebring.......Chin Oct and NASA the next weekend!!

Quick Reply: Sebring 15th and 16th September - Who's going?