Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster Spec at Laguna Seca this weekend. Plus lunch laps on Saturday.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:01 PM
PeanutinCA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was contacted by another gentlemen (Kenny, he can identify himself if he wants) who is interested in the class up North. In SoCal now we have approx. 15 completed cars with another couple in build process. Some people in various stages of race license, but they are coming. We had 1-3 this time last year. Twelve months later and we have 10 more than that. It seems we are cranking out about 1 a month. With "at least" one new driver each weekend enquiring about the class. We are currently considering an LSD, which means more expense. But on the flip side, saving money, we are seeking tires that last longer than a set of Hankooks. They might be slower (tires), but hopefully the LSD adds some pace.

P.D.

p.s. Did I ever post the race we had at Buttonwillow? If not..... http://www.porscheownersclub.org/mul...ubcat=b&vid=24
Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

yeah, that was me who you talked to! Thanks for the info.

I posted for Bill b/c I want to see how many events and how much interest there is in Norcal beside the POC events. Some of the POC events would just be too far for me, but if there were PCA-GGR time trial events mixed in, hmm, this might be a plan!

The Spec Boxster seems to be in a nice balance between a 'cool car', power, fun to drive, and a growing number of people to play with. Plus, in terms of ease of build up, it can't be beat. I would build it up myself with some buddies. Perhaps there would need to be some messaging by a proper shop to be competitive, but hey, I expect my abilities will limit me at first more than the setup. Down the line, setup will be important I know.

Quick Reply: Boxster Spec at Laguna Seca this weekend. Plus lunch laps on Saturday.