Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Polybronze and monoballs: Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 AM
Elephant Chuck
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize this is over a month old, but I just saw this thread.

Elephant did experiment with chinese made bearings in the past, but has used Aurora exclusively for a couple of years. Gary, the new Elephant Racing monoballs you received are Aurora.

While issues with the chinese parts were infrequent, I've had zero problems with the Aurora parts and continue to use them.

Not to excuse the performance of the chinese bearings, but - 50 DEs is a LOT of use, a career for most track guys. I would suggest that after 50 track days every wear item in your suspension is well overdue for attention.

You wouldn't leave your brakes go 50 DEs without servicing? While not a safety issue, Polybronze needs occasional servicing too, they need greasing. Neglect will accelerate wear as you found. Disassembly is not required, just use the built-in grease fittings. I recommend 5000k mile intervals for street cars. As with all maintenance items on track cars, Polybronze greasing should be more frequent - every 10 track days or so.

If you want maintenance free, stay with OE rubber bushings. Maintenance is part the tradeoff we make to get the performance benefits of a product like Polybronze.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

I agree 100% that these need to become part of a maintenance schedule and I think that's what I meant to promote with the original post. My new monoballs do indeed have aurora bearings in them.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I think I need to call Dan while he has my car
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

You might as well!!!

Quick Reply: 911 Polybronze and monoballs: Maintenance?