Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 930LDR
Guys -

Clearly there is something going on behind the scenes, and I don't pretend to know what it is, however I spoke with Chris this morning regarding getting my hands on a copy of my policy. I followed his suggestion and had one in my hands (email that is) within an hour. I would suggest that rather than speculating as to what is going on here, given that none of us really know, anyone with questions or concerns regarding their policies should get in touch with Chris directly. He was very quick to respond to me today.
+1 on that; we all have bumps in business.
I'm on the 'lets wait to see what happens; in the meantime, I'm rooting for you, Chris' side.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This development does not bode well for DE insurance being available next year. Just another nudge to go racing, with a cheaper car!

I can set u up with a "83", cherry, Hugo.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea but yea but
It hurts when people you trusted don't return phone calls or answer emails...........yet..........
Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
JC3D
Pro

OK, 3 days later, no return emails. If I can't get a reply when I'm willing to pay you money, what should I expect when I am trying to file a claim.

Personally, I'm not impressed yet.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

JC3D......
Did you already purchase a DE policy from Chris with Hiscox and get confirmation form him that you have bound coverage?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
JC3D
Pro

No, I was just inquiring with some questions I had.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JC3D
No, I was just inquiring with some questions I had.
see post #111 ......chris was quite clear that he wasn't taking any further inquiry
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Small update>

Guys,

I appreciate the fact that most of you have taken the high road and not jumped to conclusions. I truly appreciate that. I was expecting the worst when I logged on this morning. My anxiety about my current situation must be getting the best of me.

The group that I was using to access the new carrier, since it was moved from Great Lakes Re, has acted improperly. This DE program was unique to me and my company and my business trade rights have been violated. I have not been able to return phone calls or emails about this program for a number of reasons. Mainly, I'm trying to minimize the damage I have sustained professionally and reputationally while also trying to maintain my family life with some level of normalcy.

As you can see late in this thread a poster basically calls me a fraud becuase of something he heard on another forum. That is disastrous to someone in a professional field such as mine. Reputation is everything and a good reputation is built on honesty. This, unfortunately, is just the tip of the iceburg and I'm dealing with the potential loss of business clients due to misinformation and lies. I have always been up front and honest with all of my clients and anyone that called for information or help. For those that think I was not providing good service even before this happened, please know you are a minority.

If I'm guilty of anything it is of trusting too many people that I thought had the best of intentions. I have learned a valuable lesson, both in business and personally. I'm sorry for not following up with those who have been trying to contact me. At this time I am doing everything I can to get back my DE program and maintain some normalcy in my business. This will take time, maybe even years. It amazes me how much damage a few people can do in just a matter of days, but it blows my mind how long it takes to repair that damage.

Again, if anyone has a question about their current policy please email me and I will do my best to help you any way I can. I will provide further updates to Rennlist as they become available.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by SpeedAgent1; 09-20-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: correction
Old 09-29-2007, 01:32 PM
RamVA
Racer

Hey Chris - I'm wondering if damage from fire would be covered if the fire caused by a mechanical issue and not the result of collision.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know how to reach Chris?? I am waiting on a premium refund and he does not return any calls. What if I had a claim???

Chris if you read this call me PM me, something???? I'll take a telegram.

Victor
Old 10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

I recently had a DE claim through a policy that Chris wrote. They paid; they were great. I hope I can renew!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:16 AM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
I recently had a DE claim through a policy that Chris wrote. They paid; they were great. I hope I can renew!
Was it a GT3?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Not yet. Maybe next year for that!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:51 AM
apterr
Racer

Chris,
Great info. Thanks. I am new to Porsche ownership and DE's. Participated in my first at WGI a couple of weeks ago. Please forward me a website or other way of learning about DE insurance and how to purchase. I have been bitten and would like to participate in 3 or 4 per year. Also, my son is graduating college in May and I thought I'd buy him a DE for part of his graduation gift (feel it will make him a better driver overall). He is 21 this month. Can I add him onto my policy? Thanks Chris. This is a hot topic.
Andy T
Old 10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Andy,

PM sent.

Mike

Quick Reply: Keep the DE Insurance questions coming!!!