Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traqmate users....do you have the RPM input?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

YOu are very welcome Hank. Feel free to contact me anytime if you get held up during the install or need any pics of anything. I'd be happy to run out to the garage and snap a few. Anything to visit the car
Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for the hell of it.....
All of Glenn's Traqmate stuff is Traq[something], including the Traqvideo thing that allows you to open a video window inside Traqview.

TrackVision is a completely independent product that takes data from Traqview, MoTeC, Aim, Race Technology, and ten or so more logger vendors and produces high quality video files with your data overlaid. You can choose video formats from HD 16:9 for your monster plasma screen to extremely efficient H.264 and WMV for web posting.

There. The Traqvision thing got me going. I feel better now. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:22 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Geez...so testy there Tony

I think the confusion lies (spelling) in that TraCKvision was sold on the TraQmate website for some time and while a great product most associated it with TraQmate.

Your product is really nice and one that adds a level of data richness to video that really helps with playback. By the way, the icon would have been better.

On a totally different note, I'll catch you offline as I still need to purchase your product. Having an infant around the house really makes time something of an enigma. Thanks for the dashboard example you sent me several weeks back. I talked to Toby about (very similar to one he did) it and he is creating one for me for the GT3! I've got alot of video that I need to import and just haven't found the time lately but am holding off to import for when I have your product purchased. I'll get on that this week.

Talk to you soon. Looking forward to using traCKvision soon!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:48 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
O.K. So, for my '86 944 Turbo do I order the "TraqTach RPM Input" or the "TraqData Analog/Digital/RPM Input"?

Also, do I go the "High Energy Coil" version or the 5V version?

P.S. I'd also like to log boost.

Get the TraqData ($85 more). Allows you to log 6 inputs in addition to RPM. An easy one to log is brake (tap into the brake light). You probably could also tap into your TPS, and possibly your sterring angle.
I have RPM, TPS, Brake (On/Off), etc.

-Scott
Old 03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sbarton,
Where exactly did you tap into for RPM? Electrics is not my strong suit, so any specifics for RPM, and Brake taps, and wire routing etc. would be REALLY appreciated. I'm looking to add these inputs on my 911SC race car. You can PM or email me if you prefer.
Sorry if this is a thread hijack.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 PM
sbarton
Instructor

On the back of the Tack is a purple striped wire, just tap into that.
For the brake light, I tapped into the wire off of the brake sensor switch on the master cylinder.

-Scott
Old 03-25-2008, 08:31 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sbarton
On the back of the Tack is a purple striped wire, just tap into that.
For the brake light, I tapped into the wire off of the brake sensor switch on the master cylinder.

-Scott
Thanks Scott, I'll try those places.
David
Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Hey Scott, I tried the purple striped wire, and I am not getting the RPM input. Did you just tap a single wire into that and then the data input? Wonder what I am doing wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:46 PM
BigKraut
Instructor

Just curious if anyone has built their own connector for the TraqMate SU to capture the signals. $130 seems like a lot. Is there anything 'magic' inside the TraqData input connector or is it just a DB15 connector with a terminal board attached to it?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKraut
Is there anything 'magic' inside the TraqData input connector or is it just a DB15 connector with a terminal board attached to it?
It doesn't "look" very magic... But there is something in there that the signal goes through.

On my 88 944, I hooked the RPM into the "ignition" output of the DME. That's not an ODBII car. Dell, is your RSA an ODBII car?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Dave DE
Racer

A little info for the electrically inclined..

I took a look inside the traqdata connector and the RPM input goes thru what looks to be a circuit that converts the input to a 5V logic signal. Has a couple of diodes and a transistor along with R's and C's.

Digital I/O lines are straight thru to the connector. Analog lines have current limiting resistors in series.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:57 PM
BigKraut
Instructor

Thanks guys. I may know someone who has one and might let me take a look inside.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Guys,

I spoke with Glenn at Traqmate about building your own DB15 connectors, and essentially the answer is don't do it. The TraqdataII adapters have protection built in for the SU unit, and creating your own adapter would void the warranty. I suspect you would not save much money anyway because getting the correctly sized board, adding surface mount resistors, and having it in some reasonable packaging would be net more time/expense than the Traqmate unit. Don't ask me how I know. ;-).

If you don't want the TraqdataII adapter then you can get the Chasecam integration plus the RPM input for $69.

For the RSA connecting the RPM can be done behind the Tach or on the DME. We use the DME 964/993 cars.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Del,

Scanning my pictures collection and found this. This is you right?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Traqmate users....do you have the RPM input?