Sponsored by:

Trailer Decals

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thinking of putting a pit bull dog club sticker on mine, should keep anyone away from the trailer.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 944TURBOS
Thanks AndyT!

The trailer sits in my driveway and the car always sits in a garage. when I am transporting I am always near the trailer or the trailer is at the track. I am not worried about it being broken in to, however, I do understand the concern. I will check the PCA website for the large decals and probably have a graphics guy do the rest of the work.
Neither was Ken who went out of his way to go past multiple hotels to find one with lots of light where he could park the trailer in front of his room.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/scca/38301/

If all your pulls are going to be one day and you won't be keeping the car and trailer at a hotel overnight no worries putting whatever you want on it. HOwever as has been said before why advertise that you have a Porsche in your easily stolen trailer. Yes trailers are easily stolen. Everytime you hear about a stolen racecar, it was in a trailer sitting somewhere.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Who makes a decent GPS tracker for trailer/RVs, might be worth investing in one.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Bubba's septic tank and porta potty pump out service"
Old 06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

"Portable herpes clinic - infectious, please stay back 100 feet"
Old 06-28-2007, 12:49 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Ghettoracer's Trophy Truck
Old 06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
MJHanna
Instructor

Mine says HIV Mobile Testing Lab. I like to watch the looks when some one reads it as they are passing it.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Janni
Intermediate

Putting stickers on your trailer will soon make you a MAGNET for DOT cops. They are pulling folks over left and right here lately - with racers seeming to be big targets - along with anyone towing a bobcat with a dually and having a business placard on the side of the truck <--- THAT is definitely commercial.

However, if you start acting like a business, or if you register your truck to a business and you get pulled over - you are going to get parked.

We had a fellow amateur racer get pulled over pulling a 48' Pace (?) with living quarters behind a Freightliner FL-70. He had stickers on it from his bagel business. not sure how it was registered.

Anyway - HEFTY fine and had to wait until someone with a CDL could come pick him up.

Our mechanic has been talking to some DOT guys and local cops - there is definitely a movement underway to target these "illegal" rigs - and most likely - add a source of revenue.

It matters NOT how heavy you are - it matters if you have anything registered to a business, or, if you "look" professional - i.e. team logo and stickers - you are asking for a HUGE hassle.

Janni - owner of a hugely boring 48' long white box registered to me
Old 06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

That's why I am going to keep mine plain jane and it is registered to me. The only thing I was thinking I may put on there would be the "private" or "Not for Hire" on the trailer.

Quick Reply: Trailer Decals