Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprising, very unfortunate

This surprises me that SW would attempt to continue with a program they do not have a grasp of nor have the rights to.

As previously mentioned, you may keep your policy with SW or you have the option of moving it. Either way it will be honored as an active policy. However, if you have a claim and your policy resides with SW I will not be able to assist. I can advise in any other capacity.

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 02:16 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JMR
I am not trying to trash Chris or anyone else as I am grateful that someone picked up where American Collectors left off. However, there appears to be some conflicting info. SW just returned the new policy inquiry call I placed late last week. I was told that SW is honoring existing policies, writing new policies and in this for the long haul.
I just got the same call from Snellings......
Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Just out of curiosity, who is calling you?

I'm curious to know who they put in charge of the program. They no longer have a motorsports department since I was it, so I'm curious to know who they believe can service this program properly.

Not trashing SW, but it is my program and if someone is going to try and run something they don't know anything about it can damage my reputation very quickly. It has already been tarnished with the poor service dealt by my service person when I was there. I wouldn't want it to continue, that's exactly why I left to do it on my own.

Thank you for the feedback,

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

BTW Chris, I just signed up after sending you emails and the policy I got names SW as the agent. This is effective June 19th. What should I do?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by forklift
I just got the same call from Snellings......
Me too. Someone named Bobby(?) returned my call today. Offered the DE insurance program as described.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Transfer the policy>

You can transfer it to my new company. If you would like to call to discuss it please do so, 678.643.8415. If you have to leave a voicemail just know I will return your call the same day I receive it.

If you would like to email me I can send you an AOR letter that will allow me to transfer your account. Nothing about your coverage or premiums will change, just the service.

I know Bobby, he use to work for me on other clients, but not the DE program.

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 03:12 PM
SnellingsWalters
1st Gear

Please let me clear this up.

Snellings Walters Insurance Agency has NOT terminated its DE Insurance Program. No one has moved this program to another agency or company. We are continuing to issue new business and service that business that is already in place. Any statement to contrary is false. I do not want to waste your time here by going into the surrounding issues. Please rest assured we are continuing our program as indicated at our website. We encourage each of you to fully investigate the coverage providing by any agency and/policy. If there is some doubt as to our commitment to maintain this program, please contact us directly.

Please visit our website for more information or feel free to call our office, 770-396-9600.

Thank you,

Bobby Lougher
Old 06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Chulo
Racer

Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Haha

You might want to pop enough to share!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedAgent1
I'm curious to know who they put in charge of the program. They no longer have a motorsports department since I was it, so I'm curious to know who they believe can service this program properly.

Not trashing SW, but it is my program and if someone is going to try and run something they don't know anything about it can damage my reputation very quickly. It has already been tarnished with the poor service dealt by my service person when I was there. I wouldn't want it to continue, that's exactly why I left to do it on my own.

Thank you for the feedback,

Chris
What pisses me off is that you sold me the policy while you were at SW, and for all practical puposes you were the point of contact, etc. My check's been cashed, I don't yet have the policy and fine print...and the guy whose word I relied on moves on WITHOUT advising his clients as to what the state of their policy, future contacts, process, etc would be after his departure from SW. And now I and other clients have to find out about this here on Rennlist???

Chris Maume, is this what you call customer service?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Chris Maume, is this what you call customer service?

While I'm in the same boat as you, I don't think you can blame Chris. I'm sure this came down to a business decision for Chris to leave and now he is starting his own agency. Now he and SW are competitors and the war is starting. Luckilly there hasn't been any bashing yet but stay tuned
Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Bobby C>>

Please understand that it was not my intention to put anyone into a situation where they would not feel secure in their insurance transactions. There was no option to inform clients prior to my decision to leave Snellings Walters as it would have been construed as competing for clients. I'm sorry you feel like I have let you down regarding service, but I had to do what I thought was best for not only myself, but all of my clients.

Legalities preclude me from discussing the relationship with my ex-employer at this point, but please feel free to call me with your questions or concerns. I understand that some may not be happy with the situation, but please know that it was done for the greater good.

Regards,

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

A policy is underwritten by an insurance company. Like Great lakes, or like State Farm. These companies do not sell them themselves, rather they appoint "Agents" and the agent can be an agency, or just one guy or girl.

Sometimes, because of the legal positioning of the company, in this case, Great Lakes, which looks to be a British Insurance company, the company appoints a General Agent, which is for all intents and purposes the sole contact on any communication for the main insurance company. A good example of this is that Lloyds of London does business in the US, but the company is not an American Company.

Another great example is Farmers, but slightly different. Farmers is a company that is owned by the Swiss company Zurich, but Farmers operates here as if it were an American Company.

I'm getting to a point.

http://www.greatlakes.co.uk/gluk/ Is the website I found for this UK en tity which is called Great Lakes, and that is who, in the end, underwrites these motorsports policies. Whether or not this is an Admitted Carrier in your state, which I highly doubt, will be up to you to find out.

I think some important questions need to be raised, as I researched this several months ago as I am a Licensed Agent in CA, and I was intrigued.

1) Who is(are) the USA General Agents for the Company Great Lakes, which is a UK company.
2) Who does the underwriting
3) Who would be the point of contact and communication for Claims Service, since, while it may seem obvious, you are only buying the insurance to be transfer your financial risk in the event of a Claim.
4) Is there a "point of responsibilty" here in the US for arbitration and claim resolution issues? Or is your "buck stop" somewhere in the UK, or even further up, since it Great Lakes seems to be owned by a German Company "Munich RE"

Insurance is product based. An insurance company is just a bank if it doesn't offer a product that is created to be purchased by those interested in transfering a certain, underwritable risk.

And if the premium is really 6500 dollars a year for insuring an RS, then I think the parties involved will be much more primed for "turf scurmishes" than if it were, say, a 1000 dollar home policy that customers were "going elsewhere" for. With commissions usually in the 10-15% range, its well worth any agents time to search out new customers and centers of influence.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default This is a very good post.

These are very good questions to ask the agents involved. In fact, the most frequent questions I received are the ones that are the most difficult to answer. It really takes someone who understands not only the coverage they are selling, but the market and individuals they are selling to. Without this you can't really understand how the insurance is supposed to react in a claim situation.

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 05:29 PM
imager993
AutoX

Quick question Chris that should be easy to answer, Will my car be covered on the track if an instructor is driving and I am a passenger?

Quick Reply: Track Insurance For DEs and Racecars