Sponsored by:

Excellent Weekend W/PCA Potomac Region at Shenandoah

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Excellent Weekend W/PCA Potomac Region at Shenandoah

Those of you who haven't done Summit Point's Shenandoah Circuit are really missing out... What a tremendously challenging and emensly rewarding course. I spent the weekend sorting out the turns, and still not quite sure I "have" it down. But boy did I enjoy running today in the Blue run group Solo. It was SOOOO much fun and I really can't wait to get back there...

Good to meet those members who were in attendance!
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 06-11-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was good times. I didn't meet you, but I recall that car in blue. Fast!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:54 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Good to have met you Mike. It was a great weekend for sure and the weather was just perfect. See you at VIR.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

If any of you guys have incar of my car, could you possibly send me some of it??? I'm doing some editing now and will be posting some soon to youtube!

Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You are being funny, right!?

Yes, I have several in-car vids of you... umm, that lasts about 3 secs after you pass than you are not even within the horizon
Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4285645518&hl=

Shenandoah has a couple "wrinkles" I think it needs to iron out. There is a section called the "Ski Jump" b/c after you go up hill under the bridge the pavement drops out from under you - you can actuall see my camera shudder when I "land" which then goes into a short downhill brake zone into "the carousel". While this carousel is a poor mans attempt at recreating a section from the Nurburgring it is a far cry from the real thing and only mildly entertaining. It has to be brutal on the car in terms of allignment or wheel bearings as the transition in and out usually takes 2 wheels off the ground. I think the hardest part of figuring out this track is and the line is getting to know the pavement as it was crowned at the end of the back straight, the inside line is banked and the outside line is off-camber so different lines provide different levels of grip.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Actually I was being serious. I'd love to see how it looks from outside the car... But thanks for the compliment. You're too kind!

Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM
J Silverman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DM993tt
It has to be brutal on the car in terms of allignment or wheel bearings as the transition in and out usually takes 2 wheels off the ground.
Ive found that transition to be a lot smoother if you move your car so that the drivers side wheels are on the crown as you approach the entry. The transition on top is more smooth than just driving straight in. You sort of roll over the top of the banking and dop into it like you would a halfpipe.

Man that car looks like fun to drive! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
MLIN
Instructor

Originally Posted by J Silverman
You sort of roll over the top of the banking and dop into it like you would a halfpipe.
x2. Yup, just like half pipe. Diagonal entry so the left wheel is already in there before the right goes in. Much easier on your car than going straight in following the concrete patch. Same thing when you are coming out... but then if you are going faster then it might not help much. SC is just tough on your car period.

Quick Reply: Excellent Weekend W/PCA Potomac Region at Shenandoah