Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use these Stand 21 Gloves before?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone use these Stand 21 Gloves before?

At the Watkins Glen Club Race, I was pulling on my OMP gloves, which I love, when the entire palm ripped out of them. This was a little distracting as I sat on the grid waiting to pit out. Since these gloves were only about one year old, I was a little disappointed.

So, I am thinking about trying these gloves: http://www.stand21.fr/gants/cout-ext/cout-ext-2.html

Has anyone used them?

Does anyone know a great source for Stand21 gloves?

Thanks,

TD
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

I use them & love them. Forget where I bought them. Maybe Wine COuntry Motorsports?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also love them. I bought them directly from Stand21 at the Daytona 24 hour. They show no wear with approximately 22-25 days of use.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

I have two pair that I picked up at the factory in Dijon while attending a race at Circuit Prenois last September. Stand21 had just re-established their agreement with Porsche Motorsport. I love them. Here's a good picture of them. Very comfortable and durable. You can contact the Stand21 folks here in the US at their Georgia offices. Web site and contact info is here.

BTW, no ties whatsoever, just a very satisifed customer.

And yes, I took the whole plunge knowing I was going to start club racing and bought an ST3000 Porsche Motorsport suit as well. Very expensive, but well worth it.

And no, Veloce Raptor, I couldn't bring myself to wear it at our Patrick Long Day for fear that he would (and DID) wear his factory suit! I doubt I would ever be able to live that down knowing the crowd hanging around THAT building!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:53 PM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone have the shoes??? I've been eyening those...
Old 06-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DM993tt
Does anyone have the shoes??? I've been eyening those...
Yep, bought them too. Just call me a genuine sucker for this stuff! They, too, are very comfortable and durable.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

Despite the fact that they are made in france, I love S21 stuff. I have one of their helmets, too (the one with the bullet holes, Toby).
Old 06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Despite the fact that they are made in france, I love S21 stuff. I have one of their helmets, too (the one with the bullet holes, Toby).
+1.

I visited the factory to pick up my helmet and HANS last September. Monsieur Morizot, the president, was very hospitable and has some really cool stuff in his office! (Senna's driving suits and helmets, etc..) Aurielle was the lady who worked with me on my helmet, and they did a great job. She also took measurements for my suit, and sold me my HANS, gloves and shoes. Aurielle gave me a tour of the factory and showed me the sewing rooms for the suits and the workshop for helmets. One room off of the main sewing room has a wall full of binders containing the detailed sizing charts for every custom suit they have made. Need a new suit? Call 'em up, give 'em your name, they look up your sizing pattern, get whatever you want embroidered on the suit defined, and 300 hours later (usually about 10 days), a new suit shows up on your doorstep.

As I said earlier, I can't say enough good things about these guys and their products.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Todd,

My favorite driving glove is the Sparco (profi?). Very comfortable, nice grip on the steering wheel. The Sparcos will last at least 3 seasons (in my experience) I ususally order them through OG Racing.

My alltime favorite shoes are the new Puma Futurecats. Without question, the most comfortable racing shoe I have ever worn.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 PM
JWERION
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a pair of the OMP gloves and I love them, but I am going to be ticked off if they need replaced in a year. Let us know what you purchase and how you like them.

Toby, Do the stand 21 porsche gloves feel thick in the palm area with the 3 layers?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JWERION
Toby, Do the stand 21 porsche gloves feel thick in the palm
area with the 3 layers?
Just so happens I have a pair here at the house. Just put it on so I can offer "on the spot" assessment..... No, no thick feeling whatsoever. Very comfortable and pliable. Having the seams on the outside is also a plus.

Toby
Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
At the Watkins Glen Club Race, I was pulling on my OMP gloves, which I love, when the entire palm ripped out of them. This was a little distracting as I sat on the grid waiting to pit out. Since these gloves were only about one year old, I was a little disappointed.

So, I am thinking about trying these gloves: http://www.stand21.fr/gants/cout-ext/cout-ext-2.html

Has anyone used them?

Does anyone know a great source for Stand21 gloves?

Thanks,

TD
Love the gloves. They are my favorite. You can call Larry Keck or Peggy Basso at the Autobahn Country Club - 815-722-2223. They are a dealer for Stand21.

Fred
Old 06-07-2007, 02:54 AM
boqueron
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have the gloves. It was a present... I have to admit that I don't like them much. I find them bulky... Anyway, my lap times. wearing them, did not go down...

Quick Reply: Anyone use these Stand 21 Gloves before?