Sponsored by:

Maverick Region Club Race Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 AM
bmoore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am two for two tonight.......

After I post this I get an email from Todd giving a new email address and also I listed his phone number wrong. It is (214) 476-8391.

Dave,

I did laugh alot.....I got it and it was hilarious! So will others!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,663 Likes on 857 Posts

LMAO....too bad we have to wait for September to clown around together at a Mav event again, Barry.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great pics!

Looks like C class had a rough time at it - UGH.

Ya think they could've mowed the lawn and did some upkeep before the PCA race??

CAN ANYONE PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH: The guy with the 964, "Watkins #469" - I have GOT to get one of those front bumpers, good for aero - NO?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, that's nice.
Never seen that before...
Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

How about some video from the first sprint race?

http://www.p993.net/george/PCA-MSR2007-Sprint1.wmv

G.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Nicely done, George! Really good job setting up & passing Steve!!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Dave. Did you see West's car at the start? That thing has some power......
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
Great pics!

CAN ANYONE PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH: The guy with the 964, "Watkins #469" - I have GOT to get one of those front bumpers, good for aero - NO?
Jeff, He's a member on this site. I remember when he posted pics of his car in the 964 forum.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/313565-rsa-pictures.html
Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
Thanks Dave. Did you see West's car at the start? That thing has some power......

Yup...like a freaking bullet!! Have you ever ridden with him? I rode with him once at MSR. It was like a drifting contest every corner--SOFA KING FUN! He has extremely good car control skillzzzzzzzz.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Great pics!

He's got a mold of it and I bet he can make more. I know he was talking about making modifications to it for better air flow to the radiators. I've got his cell phone number if you are really interested. BTW, he lives right by JayW...... Ops, I forgot, TR6 (Greg) is his brother-in-law........

G.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics!?
Thanks!
Ya think they could've mowed the lawn and did some upkeep before the PCA race?? ?
They usually do but not this time. My *guess* is that it was either too muddy recently (we've had tons of rain) or maybe they thought all the wildflowers added a nice touch and wanted to leave them while they are blooming!
PM me your email address and I'll pass it along to Steve. He is a rennlister, but isn't on the forum very often so he may not see this. He does amazing custom fabrication work. He owned a body shop that did a lot of custom work in addition to restoration work on some very nice cars. He has lots of talent in that area as well as droving! It is a very cool looking bumper. Makes the car look like it has a long hood. Gives it a very aerodynamic effect.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:02 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

Great photos, thanks for sharing. Sorry to see the photos of the two wrecked cars and hope the drivers are going to be ok.

I, too, am surprised by the relative inadequacy of the PCA rules regarding cages. BMWCCA has done away with issuing log books to racecars with bolt in cages. seems like PCA should do the same.

Greg S - building a cage isn't rocket science. read through the rules, talk to experienced builders like RRT or HMS, incorporate all the best designs you can, and try to build the safest one you can. i had a roundy-round racer build my cage using designs i got from TC Design, and i feel confident that it's a good cage. as long as the design and technique are good, any good welder should be able to do it IMO.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 PM
YZ250
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Can an existing bolt-in cage be welded, or do you have to start from scratch?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, it has been pointed out to me elsewhere that you can build a very strong, bolt-in but you aren't going to get it off the shelf. It will take some work so for most people, a custom built weld-in would be much easier.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Absolutely! The "weld-in bolt plates" that come with the Safety Devices cages are welded in and the cage bolted to those, there is absolutely NO reason in the world why you couldn't weld the flanges of the cage to the bolt plates.

Of course, when considering a custom weld-in cage one can be choosier with regards to location of the plates, the size and configuration/design of them...so that's probably where a custom weld-in cage is better.

Don't count out nice setups like the Safety-Devices cage, I opted for that because I "had" a combo street/race car and simple things like seat removal and being able to work under the dash, clean the back window, etc. were still important to me...in hindsight, 4 years later - sure, I'd like to have a custom weld-in cage but this one will suffice.

My next car? ...well, depends if it will make the slllllooooooowwwww...transition to a racecar like this one did. It's very likely I will buy a prepared 996, and if I do choose to buy a prepared platform, it WILL have a custom weld-in cage or I won't buy it.

Quick Reply: Maverick Region Club Race Photos