OMP SA2005 Helmets Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default OMP SA2005 Helmets Now Available!

OMP has come out with two fantastic helmets models, SA2005 rated:

SPEED - If you liked the old Turismo, check out the SPEED. It has a wide eyeport and no shield for use in closed cockpit/touring cars. Large vents and drinking straw hole on the chin bar. 2 front upper and 2 rear vent holes; adjustable sun peak with anti-dazzle integrated strip.

GRAND PRIX - OMP's latest full face helmet with a shield - 2 chin vents to prevent visor fogging. Three revolving front upper air intakes & three rear vent holes.

Check them out online at OMP Helmets at Apex Performance.Net

**Receive a FREE fleece lined helmet bag, cotton headsock and ground shipping to US 48 on each helmet order**

We are a Rennlist sponsor so don't forget to ask about our RENNLIST Promocode to save on your next order!

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 05-04-2007, 12:54 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

How do these helmets fit compared to the Vision model?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:56 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Grand Prix helmet replaces Vision model

The GRAND PRIX is a replacement for the VISION. The new helmet is supposed to be a lot lighter (according to OMP but I don't have weights handy). The GRAND PRIX can also be used for touring cars just be changing the visor for the peak which makes it very similar to the SPEED (just like the old Turismo model). That means you have 2 uses for the same helmet.

Any other ??, let me know.

Linda
Old 05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are OMP helmets compared to pyrotect. i bought a forced air pyrotect from you guys and i now want something lighter and not as "fat". i was told Arai helmets are not a "bulbous" as pyrotect helmets... does this apply to OMP as well? which model is lighter, the SPEED or the GRAND PRIX...is the Arai gp-5W lighter.... are the OMP models predrilled for HANS with a seta like Arai?

thx for you help

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
OMP has come out with two fantastic helmets models, SA2005 rated:

SPEED - If you liked the old Turismo, check out the SPEED. It has a wide eyeport and no shield for use in closed cockpit/touring cars. Large vents and drinking straw hole on the chin bar. 2 front upper and 2 rear vent holes; adjustable sun peak with anti-dazzle integrated strip.

GRAND PRIX - OMP's latest full face helmet with a shield - 2 chin vents to prevent visor fogging. Three revolving front upper air intakes & three rear vent holes.

Check them out online at OMP Helmets at Apex Performance.Net

**Receive a FREE fleece lined helmet bag, cotton headsock and ground shipping to US 48 on each helmet order**

We are a Rennlist sponsor so don't forget to ask about our RENNLIST Promocode to save on your next order!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:59 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default OMP helmet vs. Pyrotect

The OMP will be lighter weight and more aerodynamic (not like a big bubble on your head like Pyrotect). Not to knock Pyrotect, they are great for first-timers but if you want something lighter weight and nicer, OMP or Arai is great.

Usually, the more expensive helmet will be lighter weight, more aerodynamic, nicer liner and some models come in hat sizes versus small/med/large so the fit is more custom taylored. OMP has removable cheek pads too and most Arai models also have removable cheek pads (I don't believe the GP5K has removable cheek pads though- that's what I use).

The OMP helmets are pre-drilled for HANS.

Last edited by ApexPerformance; 05-04-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

The OMP will be lighter weight and more aerodynamic (not like a big bubble on your head like Pyrotect). Not to knock Pyrotect, they are great for first-timers but if you want something lighter weight and nicer, OMP or Arai is great.

Usually, the more expensive helmet will be lighter weight, more aerodynamic, nicer liner and some models come in hat sizes versus small/med/large so the fit is more custom taylored. OMP has removable cheek pads too and most Arai models also have removable cheek pads (I don't believe the GP5K has removable cheek pads though- that's what I use).

The OMP helmets are pre-drilled for HANS.
thx for the info. my pyrotect is my first helmet so i am looking to upgrade.

now the decision is arai or omp. hhmmm

which is lighter?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'm checking with OMP to see if they have weights on their new helmets & let you know!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:51 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

The GRAND PRIX is a replacement for the VISION. The new helmet is supposed to be a lot lighter (according to OMP but I don't have weights handy). The GRAND PRIX can also be used for touring cars just be changing the visor for the peak which makes it very similar to the SPEED (just like the old Turismo model). That means you have 2 uses for the same helmet.

Any other ??, let me know.

Linda
is the GRAND PRIX lighter than the SPEED?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OMP said the weight difference is minimal with Arai. I know the Arais are weighted in the chin area to evenly distribute the weight. However, I think you would be pleased with either model. Something cool with the OMP is their vents are moveable so you can turn them in any direction for improved airflow and the SPEED helmet includes a drinking straw hole in the chin area. I think OMP will give Arai a run for the money. Any other ??, let me know!
Old 05-06-2007, 12:44 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you have tinted visors?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:07 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will track 1-2 times a year, and am looking for something safe and light.....whats my best value?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993C4Smontreal
I will track 1-2 times a year, and am looking for something safe and light.....whats my best value?

my pyrotect is cheap (~250$) and they are SA2005. excellent value, especially since you will only track it 1~2 times/year. better yet.... just borrow one. be sure to wear a balaclava if you do borrow.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:40 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

I bought my own bowling shoes after seeing some of the characters that hand out at such establishments. You may opt to buy your own helmet after seeing some us at the track!

Look at G Force and HJC.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:56 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw...what is the RL discount off the apexperf. website prices?...also, does anyone know if they lend or rent them anywhere near Tremblant?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:47 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If you are interested in the rennlist discount, please email us or we will PM you direct.

Also, OMP does offer tinted and irridium shields for both the speed and gran prix helmets. In fact, the visor on the speed is interchangeable with the grand prix and the shields are interchangeable between both helmets as well. clear and tinted visors are $89, irriridium are $118.

Quick Reply: OMP SA2005 Helmets Now Available!