Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In cockpit brake bias control adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In cockpit brake bias control adjustment?

I have rebuilt the pedal assemble, master cylinders and brake bias bar. What is the best way to adjust the brake bias control **** so I don't wreck the first time out? Right in the middle? Bias more towards front brakes? ??
Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

There are a lot of variables here. What brake system do you have in the car currently?

The 993RSR was delivered with 322x32mm front rotors and 322x28 rear rotors with 993TT front calipers and 993RS rear calipers. The factory master cylinder was the same diameter front and rear, so if you put a pressure gauge on the input lines to the ABS pump, they will read the same pressure. In my opinion, this setup has too much rear brake bias.

Most of the cars were upgraded in the front to the 380mm endurance brakes. The bias with this setup works fine.

Now, you have replaced the master cylinder and the hydraulic booster with a dual master setup??? If so, what are the sizes of the master cylinder, and what brakes are you running front and rear??? Are you still using the racing anti lock system??? You need to be able to understand the mechanical setup before you can begin to think about the bias **** setting which is to make fine adjustments. It should not be used to overcome an improperly sized brake setup.

I would certainly buy the SPA brake bias gauge and use that with the adjustable bias setting so you know where you are when you are moving the ****.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM
TRG911
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just take your car to a parking lot or "remote" road and chirp the tires. Adjust your brakes so the fronts chirp before the rears, unless you like to spin.

Quick Reply: In cockpit brake bias control adjustment?