May 19, 20 PCA DE @ CMP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 08:23 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts
Default May 19, 20 PCA DE @ CMP

This will be my first trip Carolinas Motorsports Park and my first DE. We will be staying at the Colony Inn in Camden.

Any other Rennlisters attending?

Is there any interest in a Friday night or Saturday night Renn-dinner?

What dining establishments are in the area?

I will make the group reservations if there is a consensus on a date, time, and meeting place.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Camden is about 20min. from the track, there are a few chain establishments and a Walmart in the area, a Home Depot and Lowe's too! ...from what I remember.

MANY participants at the NASA CMP events wind up camping, after all, we feed you Saturday evening and the snackbar opens up for biscuits in the morning - that's all I need.

I'll be there in GTS2 and some "volunteer" job that I have.

Look me up, white 911 C2 #64 - I'll be the guy with my fingers crossed, hoping that my new Hankooks workout OK.

By the way, if any of you Instructors are FREE that weekend, how about signing up for the event and helping us out? ...we could use a few more Instructors.

Drop me a PM or just get signed up! www.nasaracing.net
Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Capt. Carrera
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the PCA crowd hooks up at Leo's Wings in Lugoff. Just turn right out of the hotel parking lot. Go over the Wateree River. It'll be about 3 or 4 miles, and on your right. This would be ny prime suggestion. Just wear something with 'Porscghe' on it, and look for others dressed alike.

If that doesn't hold your interest, turn left out of your hotel. For chain type fair there's a Chili's on the edge of Camden (near Walmart) and a Fatz Cafe south of Camden just north of I-20. There’s also a fair number of Mexican and Mom-and-Pop restaurants. Camden House of Pizza on US-1 in downtown Camden is of worthy mention.

If you want to splurge a bit, there are some fine restaurants in the heart of Camden. There's the Greenleaf Inn, The Armory, Indigo Jones, and the Crescent Grill.

Oh... And The Carolinas PCA ususally has a reception on Saturday evening. Nothing fancy, but it's fuun.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:51 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Curtis
Camden is about 20min. from the track, there are a few chain establishments and a Walmart in the area, a Home Depot and Lowe's too! ...from what I remember.

MANY participants at the NASA CMP events wind up camping, after all, we feed you Saturday evening and the snackbar opens up for biscuits in the morning - that's all I need.

I'll be there in GTS2 and some "volunteer" job that I have.

Look me up, white 911 C2 #64 - I'll be the guy with my fingers crossed, hoping that my new Hankooks workout OK.

By the way, if any of you Instructors are FREE that weekend, how about signing up for the event and helping us out? ...we could use a few more Instructors.

Drop me a PM or just get signed up! www.nasaracing.net
Confused. I assume you are with NASA? This thread is about the PCA CAROLINAS event the 19th and 20th at CMP and we have plenty of instructors for the event.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah crap, my apologies, sorry, I have an event scheduled for May 19th/20 at the Shenandoah Ckt. and at CMP for May 5th/6th - I got the dates mixed up, again, my apologies for any confusion I may have started in this thread.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Confusion sorted out
Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Confusion sorted out
You did have me scratching my head, wondering WTF?

Quick Reply: May 19, 20 PCA DE @ CMP