Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did the Chin thread go off to?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Where did the Chin thread go off to?

Ahh, never mind... just dug it up out of my Subscriptions. mdrums, (IMHO) you need to get a little thicker skin, we are all here to help each other even if it hurts a bit at first. That's why I put Boston DMD's mega post link up, he listened, got it, and moved ahead..

Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so where did it go?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

mdrums deleted it, which of course was his right as he started it.. Brian, are you running a 4 speed in the 930? It appears my 930's track debut may be with a stock 4 speed as the conversion shop is a bit backed up..
Old 04-11-2007, 08:29 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh well.... Movin on....
Old 04-11-2007, 08:34 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybe we should start an official "I'm the MAN!" thread (make it a sticky), where anybody can hop on and proclaim their readiness to move up a group, or 2, or 3 , or 4???

But to give Chin a plug here, since a thread devoted to them has been removed, Chin runs a good show! Yes its worth the money, especially if you are an advanced driver!!! Also a good club to instruct for! The best part about Chin is their "we'll treat you like adults until you force us not to" policy. They recommend point-bys in the upper groups, but they aren't required. And it goes off without a hitch. As of yet, they haven't had to treat us like children - which simply proves that passing without requiring signals does actually work in a DE

Brian
Old 04-11-2007, 08:47 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

They seem to sell out pretty fast. I always appreciate getting their emails letting me know that their track days within 90 miles of me are booked until a year from now.

Last edited by jimculp; 04-11-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I've only been to Sebring once back in December . . . anybody wanna give me a refresher lead-follow for a couple of laps? I'll be in Josh's Miata, so you might have to slow down a bit, but it would really help me with my student AND when I'm on the track in SOMEBODY ELSE'S CAR. I think I can pretty much remember it, but I would appreciate the review. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Jim . . . where is Ponte Verda in relation to Sebring? I'll be staying in Navarre for several weeks, and driving the long drive down to Sebring on May 4th. Does anybody know of any good places to eat in Sebring besides the Chateau Elan?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

So I guess you're running a 5 speed...
Old 04-11-2007, 09:03 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Gary I've got the thickest skin you can imagine. I received some PM's and by the last post on the thread and it was going in the wrong direction....so I deleted it. I have my goals and know my limits and am extremly eager to learn and know what I need to do. Thanks to all that posted about Chin as I will become a member and also look into the SAFE school as well.

see ya Mike
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Gary, was that for me? If so, uh, well, yeah . . . his Miata happens to be a 5-speed, yes. Basically I'm getting him a set of brake pads for the "rental" of the car, as he asked me to. Of course, if I harm anything (new motor, for instance), I'd have to fix it. I just learned of this new motor, and he's asked that I be gentle with the car. As if I wouldn't have done that anyway. I never drive other peoples' cars anywhere near how hard I'd drive my own. Wow -- I've got a lot of track dates coming up this month. One at Sears, five at Thunderhill, and now two at Sebring the beginning of May. You'd think I'd have had enough by now.

Did you folks notice that someone is bringing the new Audi R8? Woah. I think I'd be too chicken to take that thing to the track.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bonster
Hey Jim . . . where is Ponte Verda in relation to Sebring? I'll be staying in Navarre for several weeks, and driving the long drive down to Sebring on May 4th. Does anybody know of any good places to eat in Sebring besides the Chateau Elan?
Way far away. I've only been to the track once two years ago. It seems to me that the Chateau Elan is the only game in town but I could be wrong. Sorry I don't know much about the area.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Gary I've got the thickest skin you can imagine. I received some PM's and by the last post on the thread and it was going in the wrong direction....so I deleted it. I have my goals and know my limits and am extremly eager to learn and know what I need to do. Thanks to all that posted about Chin as I will become a member and also look into the SAFE school as well.

see ya Mike
Classic case of leaving the sandbox and taking your toys with you. You really do need to grow thicker skin as reported and not as you claim. If you did you would NOT have deleted. There was some SERIOUSLY good advice in there and could have benefited OTHERS which is what this board is all about.

This board does not tolerate selfishness when it comes to this stuff. Just b/c you started the thread doesn't mean you have to continue with it. Just post that you are done and if others wish to comment then go ahead. In the future it would be nice if you would warn people ahead of time if you are going to delete a thread if you don't like what some people post so those of us that acutally spent TIME to post a thoughtful and helpful response to your question can just refrain from helping out knowing that it won't last long.

Nice way to start making enemies and alienating yourself from those that really are the helpful ones you can learn from.

Just my $.02
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
Maybe we should start an official "I'm the MAN!" thread (make it a sticky), where anybody can hop on and proclaim their readiness to move up a group, or 2, or 3 , or 4???

Brian

I am the man....please move me up...I want to be in group 234 or yellowbluegreenblack...sorry just lost it there for a second.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bonster
Gary, was that for me? If so, uh, well, yeah . . . his Miata happens to be a 5-speed, yes.
No Bonster - "Brian, are you running a 4 speed in the 930? It appears my 930's track debut may be with a stock 4 speed as the conversion shop is a bit backed up.." was in an earlier post following Brian's entry.... but thanks, it's good to know!

Quick Reply: Where did the Chin thread go off to?