Sponsored by:

Where did the Chin thread go off to?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Hey Jim . . . where is Ponte Verda in relation to Sebring? I'll be staying in Navarre for several weeks, and driving the long drive down to Sebring on May 4th. Does anybody know of any good places to eat in Sebring besides the Chateau Elan?

Look me up!! And best food is at the Inn by the Lakes!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
So who on this thread will be at Chin WG, May 14-15? Anyone? I need a good instructor. Cheers!
***I will be there! Don't let the fact that I'm a chick fool ya! I am pretty sure that Mark and Joshua are the ones in charge of assigning us as instructors, though. I hope to see you there!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Tom! I look forward to meeting you and the yellow beast. Will you be in that car? Number X50, 996? Sure, I'd be glad to hang with you and many others. Where is Inn by the Lakes? I think I saw it last time along 95 (remember, I'm not from FL, so don't know the roads very well -- isn't 95 the road that you are on before you turn off to go to the track?)? Maybe we should all find a place to meet for dinner on Saturday? THAT would be hecka cool. I only get out to the east coast about a half dozen times a year -- this would be a great experience to meet some of you in person.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Wild Turkey north of town for BBQ (though they often cater at the track), and there is another bar south of town with a 10 foot gator in the middle of it. Breakfast at the airport restaurant, or the dinner just south of the lake.

And I agree that Inn on the Lakes is the best overall food.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Randy, I didn't see anything offensive at all in your observation. It is what usually happen in DEs.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike . . . you mean north of the town of Sebring? Directions? Same q for Inn by the Lakes? I will be staying at:

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center (FL609)
6525 US 27 North , Sebring, FL, US, 33870
Phone: (863) 385-4500

Anything good, decent, close to there? Required attire?

TIA,
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Wild turkey roadhouse is just north of your hotel on the east side of 27. Signage is not good, so you have to look closely.

Inn on the Lakes is south of your hotel on 27 on the west side of the highway. The lake will be on your left. It has two hacienda style towers that serve as a landmark.

The Diner for breakfast is further south about two miles on the east side. It looks like a stainless steel dinner and has a huge sign.

the airport is next to the track. Both were part of a WWII B-17 base. To get to the terminal restaurant, don't enter the track. continue past Chateau Elan and just follow the road. I believe there are signs for the airport. The restaurant opens at 7AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

off topic, but Dr. Kerr . . . I being the very curious type, what do vascular surgeons do? Sorry, I am just one of those ever-wondering types . . . I'm merely a geologist running a business that has NOTHING to do with my B.S. degree.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yeah... a skimpy halter top is welcomed at all locations, but otherwise casual will do fine. It's a pretty laid back town.

the mexican place on 27, heading north just as the road curves away from Lake Sebring is good too.

also there is an italian place that is decent in one of the dozen or so strip malls. I can never remember it's name or what mall it's in.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Even when I was in a size 4 jeans, I still have a pooch (belly). It's inherited, I swear. So no halter tops for me. I'll wear my Nomex, though, if that does it for ya. Lol. Love ya Mike!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

You have a Nomex halter top?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yeah, Bonni, The Wild Turkey is worth it just to read all the bumper stickers on the wall. Very very funny.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I like the idea of the airport breakfast . . . I am absolutely in-love with planes! I'll go there for brekkie. But really, let's all get together for dinner on Saturday? I'd really love to meet you all and shoot the stuff. I don't like greasy, cholesterol-ridden foods, but I am weak when I see a good rib eye, Prime Rib, or t-bone. My doc would be proud. I LOVE shrimp, too. Let's seriously organize a get-together. I really do wanna meet some of you folks. Armchair racing will be our topic for the evening.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
You have a Nomex halter top?
***Hmmm . . . well, I do have a sewing machine . . . but that nomex shirt was kinda expensive. Sparco halter top -- maybe you have a new marketing stratedgy there! Lol.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

If you love planes, the eastern most hanger from the terminal used to house Bob Tullius' collection of warbirds, in addition to his Group 44 IMSA and SCCA championship Triumphs and Jaguars from the 70s-90s. Awesome collection. Though I haven't looked in 6 or 7 years to see if it's still there. Some weekends when we were racing he'd take up his P-51. Wow what a sound. Better than the race cars.

Quick Reply: Where did the Chin thread go off to?