Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did the Chin thread go off to?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 PM
techno99
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mdrums, why don't you stop by the Chin event this weekend and see what it's like?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Drums: What car and will you be driving and with what #?
I'll be #56

JAck
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
OK how do you know? However I must tell you I know too as I have been actually killed before!
Get out there and do as many events as possible. If you are as good as you say you are, someone will notice and move you up to the faster group, trust me, I know for a fact........
Old 04-13-2007, 11:12 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm still skeptical Boston - I really need a video fix (got the shakes)
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by techno99
mdrums, why don't you stop by the Chin event this weekend and see what it's like?
I am doing the autocross on Saturday. I'll check and see if Chin is running on Sunday and might drive over.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Get out there and do as many events as possible. If you are as good as you say you are, someone will notice and move you up to the faster group, trust me, I know for a fact........
I thought you meant something else...but I never said I was really good but I have some confidence and know my limits and understand what I need to learn and work on. So since that is what you meant then I understand and plan on doing just that. Maybe the green group I was with that particular DE was slow...I do not car what color I am as long as I get to learn and push my limits up to the next limit. I am in constant contact with one of my PDE instructors as we hit it off pretty well. He is giving me pointers and knows my driving style and capiblities.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:00 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by pedsurg
Drums: What car and will you be driving and with what #?
I'll be #56

JAck
Hi Jack I think you are talking about the May Sebring DE. I will be car #33 and I am driving a black 2006 Carrera S. I hope to meet you and many others. Just look for the tall guy with a limp with a blue and silver prosthetic leg. I am hoping Tom Kerr from this forum will be my instructor this time.

If you have nothing to do this Saturday I will be at the Zephyrhills Airport autocross.

see ya! Mike
Old 04-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I am doing the autocross on Saturday. I'll check and see if Chin is running on Sunday and might drive over.
***Yes, they are running on Sunday as well, on the 3.7 "12-hour Enduro" course, as well. Last time I checked, there were still openings. If you sign up, definitely let me know! I would really like ot meet you all.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bonster
***Yes, they are running on Sunday as well, on the 3.7 "12-hour Enduro" course, as well. Last time I checked, there were still openings. If you sign up, definitely let me know! I would really like ot meet you all.
Hummm did not know there is a Sunday event too. All I knew about was the Saturday May12th DE at Sebring. I am signed up for the Saturday May 12th DE event at Sebring through my club Suncoast Porsche Club.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yup, it's a two-day event. Just check out www.chinmotorsports.com for details.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

To be more specific, to sign up for the Sunday event, go to http://www.chinmotorsports.com/event...ay.asp?eid=204 The novice group appears to be closed, but if you are running solo, you can still get in.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Are you coming all the way out to Sebring from Sacramento?!?!?!
***Lol, heck no. I will be in Navarre (between Pensacola and Ft. Walton Beach) from April 27th-May 19th visiting my boyfriend (long story on how we met). Joshua and Mark have offered me an open invitation to instruct any time I am in the area. I will be flying out to VPS airport and driving down to Sebring on Friday before the event. I'll probably be too tired to go to the Chateau Elan for the gathering, though. But I'll see ya'll Saturday morning. Long distance relationships do have their benefits, including getting to visit new-to-me tracks. Hopefully, I'll get to explore Homestead one of these days. I think that's about an hour or so further south than Sebring, right? Take care,
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Chin Motorsports
Former Vendor

Hi Bonnie. The Fla peninsula is deceptively long - Homestead is a full 3 hours south of Sebring. It's well south of Miami, right at the beginning of the Florida Keys, making it America's southernmost race track... it's one of the best roval tracks out there, with a really nicely done FIA quality road course. 14 turn/2.2 mile lap. If you're curious, here's the Homestead track map

Thanks to the several posters that give props for the track time value that Chin Motorsports offers. For some drivers that may have done a CMS event years ago, but not recently, check it out again... it is a flexible program that is constantly evolving, for the benefit of participating drivers, novice and advanced alike.

Feel free to email us directly for questions, or just browse our website at www.chinmotorsports.com
Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Mark: Is that you??

Jack
Old 04-21-2007, 10:08 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bonster
***Lol, heck no. I will be in Navarre (between Pensacola and Ft. Walton Beach) from April 27th-May 19th visiting my boyfriend (long story on how we met). Joshua and Mark have offered me an open invitation to instruct any time I am in the area. I will be flying out to VPS airport and driving down to Sebring on Friday before the event. I'll probably be too tired to go to the Chateau Elan for the gathering, though. But I'll see ya'll Saturday morning. Long distance relationships do have their benefits, including getting to visit new-to-me tracks. Hopefully, I'll get to explore Homestead one of these days. I think that's about an hour or so further south than Sebring, right? Take care,
Awesome! my wife and I started off as a long distance love affair for 3 years. Everyone said it would never work out. We've been married now for 19 years. If you make it down on Saturday morning look for a really tall guy with a limp. I have a black cabriolet with #33 on it. I'd love to talk with you about driving.

see ya

Quick Reply: Where did the Chin thread go off to?