Sponsored by:

944T, SP3 or F class...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 PM
mjensen
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 944T, SP3 or F class...

I am registering for the May PCA club race @ Mid-Ohio. I have a 86 944T prepped for SP3/SuperCup. I have looked at the registration and at this point there is 0 SP3 cars. Should be thinking about installing the F class parts, carpet, headliner, headlight assembly, power steering? I understand that the class is offered but should I be thinking about converting it back to F if I plan on PCA?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No, keep it SP3

I'll be there with a few others. You should end up seeing at least 10 this year.
Its still a new series.

Check out Paddockperformance.com they have built 2-3 for this years races already. Should be a good class
Old 04-08-2007, 08:38 PM
mjensen
Racer

I will take your advice. I just looked at the car, parts to put back in, and had to re-think this idea. I just got an email from another PCA racer and he said the same. I probably need to settle down and watch/help the class grow...SP3 registered @ Mid-Ohio...
Old 04-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

F class is generally the best attended class any given PCA race. If you're planning to run lots of PCA races, and want to race against large fields then F class is probably your best bet. If you're only going to run the occasional PCA race, then its probably not worth the effort of converting your car.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:47 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mjensen
I am registering for the May PCA club race @ Mid-Ohio. I have a 86 944T prepped for SP3/SuperCup. I have looked at the registration and at this point there is 0 SP3 cars. I understand that the class is offered but should I be thinking about converting it back to F if I plan on PCA?
Originally Posted by Jscaramella
No, keep it SP3

I'll be there with a few others. You should end up seeing at least 10 this year.
Its still a new series. Check out Paddockperformance.com they have built 2-3 for this years races already. Should be a good class

May be some miscommunictaion here. John -- I'm thinkin' you are referring to the 944 Super Cup race a Mid Ohio, while I think Matt's talking PCA race at Mid Ohio. Plenty of cars for the Super Cup at Mid Ohio at the end of this month: http://44cup.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=2021.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Dave….Yes Mid Ohio and "out there" in general. That class is still new but made the decision to build my car for your class that much easier knowing that I could still run in PCA events when the time allowed.
In any case both groups will bring lots of new racers to the track.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jscaramella
Hey Dave….Yes Mid Ohio and "out there" in general. That class is still new but made the decision to build my car for your class that much easier knowing that I could still run in PCA events when the time allowed.
In any case both groups will bring lots of new racers to the track.
Ken Stadt of Paddock Performance in New York is doing a heck of a job prepping 944 Super Cup cars especially and building up that class/NE chapter
(http://northeast.44cup.com/). Because of Ken, think there's going to a good field of Super Cup cars this year for Nationals at Mid Ohio.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM
mjensen
Racer

Yes, my intention was originally to attend PCA and 944SuperCup races, which it still is. I was attracted to the class for many of the obvious reasons, but was just questioning the lack of SP3 PCA entries, since this will be my first PCA race weekend...I will keep my car "as is", SP3, SuperCup and GTS2 legal...

Quick Reply: 944T, SP3 or F class...