Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Insurance Payout?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 10:17 PM
RSchoeni
Instructor

Default Track Insurance Payout?

Most of the internet forum threads I've read suggest that using DE/Track insurance may be a better method of protecting your assets than the one-time only (if you're lucky) use of your street auto policy. I read the threads, such as the recent PSM/Redmist thread with interest since my track car is insured as a street vehicle, but I've not yet been sufficiently motivated to directly contact one of the track day insurers. We've all read about State Farm, AllState etc. making that one time payment and then dropping the insured, but has anyone heard of any payout by the DE/track specialty insurance companies for either damages or personal liability claims?

Cheers,
Bob S
Old 04-06-2007 | 10:26 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

DE track specific policies are, I believe without exception, physical damage only.
I have at least 1 track acquaintance that has had a significant claim paid by Laurel within the last few months.
The Snellings program is also physical damage only, and too new to have a claims history (and, they won't insure cars registered in MA yet, so I am not eligible).
The Ellington program is also quite new, although since it replaces your street insurance, should include not only physical damage, but liability, and would therefor be very attractive.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Track Insurance Payout?