Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: STOLEN TRAILER

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
dwe8922
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear. I took a lot of pictures of the inside layout when I was at Roebling if they could be of any help. Great setup, and I planned to duplicate a lot of it when I get one of my own.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christian,

Bad news. A real loss and one hell of an inconvenience, as well. I'll be keeping a lookout here on the Treasure Coast. Good luck, Dan
Old 03-26-2007, 11:10 PM
mkd944
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for your loss Christian...I saw the mass email post Jan sent out to the Citrus Region members. I will also keep my eyes open although my guess is that it is not in the local area anymore. I've had 3 motorcyles stolen from me before and I know how awful it can make you feel. Hope your trailer is recovered and the thief is caught.

Mike Dayton
'95 968 M030 Coupe
'91 944 S2 Coupe
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by JPhillips-998
Never thought of a logo on top, great idea or just a big phone number. I am looking into a group buy on gps locators. The guy that I talked to seems to have the perfect unit where you can set "fences" and if the vehicle moves past the fence, you get a cell call. It is called the Millenium Plus.

Standard pricing is $495 so I'm going to see what he comes up with. I'll check for 10, 20 and 30 purchasers.
Keep us posted.......
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JPhillips-998
Never thought of a logo on top, great idea or just a big phone number. I am looking into a group buy on gps locators. The guy that I talked to seems to have the perfect unit where you can set "fences" and if the vehicle moves past the fence, you get a cell call. It is called the Millenium Plus.

Standard pricing is $495 so I'm going to see what he comes up with. I'll check for 10, 20 and 30 purchasers.
Jeff check out this article. Dont know what to make of it...
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6059
The concept sound great for sure.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:25 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I live over near Tampa. I'll keep an eye out...

Bummer. Replacing a trailer is a pain as you peronalize it with your needs, and generally it has a lot of STUFF inside of it.. Hope you either get it back in good shape, or the insurance pays off properly....
Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lost my 20' featherlite, similarly outfitted, with ~$30K worth of kart racing equipment. Taken from my neighbor's bodyshop yard early Thanksgiving AM. They are clearly in demand and if you have one of the smaller enclosed featherlites I'd absolutely take precautions. Re-fitting and replacing has not been fun at all...
Old 03-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the best way to prevent someone from trying to take the trailer? I was thinking of adding gps, graphics, a wheels locksand a tow lock and taking off the number plate - hopefully they dont have one and get stopped along the way. Could the gps tracker be powered from a solar panel as well as a car battery, also who makes the best?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Dan Shea
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What about just putting a car alarm on your trailer? one with the level sensors to see if it's being lifted. and that will page you if it goes off.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

This entire experience has engergized some engineering genes that have been either complacent or dormant. Three thoughts came to mind if storing outside: The first two involve hydraulic cylinders by either lifting the trailer off the ground from concealed rams installed under the trailer thereby making it difficult to drive away or by installing the same type of bollards used throughout Wash DC that hydraulically raise and lower to allow access.

The second and perhaps simpler method is to drill two holes in the floor of the trailer and reinforce the opening with welded bushing/washer combination. While inside the trailer drop large diameter rods into prepared and reinforced sleeves mounted into the ground. Access to rods would be limited from only inside the trailer (trailer too low to crawl under) and doors could be alarmed and tied into remote system to signal police.

All that being said I am simply re-grading my warehouse and installing a 12-0 door so I can park it inside

Thanks again to all, and now the insurance adjuster dance
Old 03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
genikz
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for your loss. I'll keep on eye out on the West Coast.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Blackness
Pro

Sorry to hear. Probably not a big help, but I'll keep my eyes open over here in the Melbourne area.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,696 Likes on 876 Posts

Christian, I am sorry to hear this.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Dan Shea
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian20
This entire experience has engergized some engineering genes that have been either complacent or dormant. Three thoughts came to mind if storing outside: The first two involve hydraulic cylinders by either lifting the trailer off the ground from concealed rams installed under the trailer thereby making it difficult to drive away or by installing the same type of bollards used throughout Wash DC that hydraulically raise and lower to allow access.

The second and perhaps simpler method is to drill two holes in the floor of the trailer and reinforce the opening with welded bushing/washer combination. While inside the trailer drop large diameter rods into prepared and reinforced sleeves mounted into the ground. Access to rods would be limited from only inside the trailer (trailer too low to crawl under) and doors could be alarmed and tied into remote system to signal police.

All that being said I am simply re-grading my warehouse and installing a 12-0 door so I can park it inside

Thanks again to all, and now the insurance adjuster dance
why not just take the wheels off, and put a wheel lock on an empty stud, that way they can't put other wheels on it to drive it away. It may not be the easiest thing to do, but saves you some cash.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a great use for those useless wheel locks that came on my street car!!

Quick Reply: Help: STOLEN TRAILER