Heigo Roll Bars and Cages - Quality and Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Bryan,

I'm thinking bolt-in because my car is a street car, even if I club race it next year, and would like to have the option of removing it later (my car will stay in the family "forever").
Safety Devices cage looks pretty good and I've heard good things about it, I want to take a better look and see whether I feel comfortable with it. I have someone who can build a custom cage (weld-in) and in the end the removal of it isn't that bad either but still.
If it was a dedicated race car, I would not have these questions & thoughts, maybe this will become the deciding factor whether I club race or not.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

removal of a cage is not really a problem - it took about 2 hours to cut mine out of my cupcar and grind down the stubs - the baseplates stayed (since they were orignally there) and get covered by the carpet kit - it's not concour but looks good overall.
thsi was the 2nd cage that had been cut out of my car btw - Porsche did it when the series was canceled in 92' before the sold them via the dealer network.
My whole deal is this is a "street" car first, Auto-xer second. i just need somethign to locate the belts and provide some protection in the event the worst happens. for racingi am going to buy a disposable 911sc and run in the stock classes - at this stage in the game i do not have the $ horsepower to be competitive in PCA or Nasa stock classes so i am going to concentrate on the Fun aspects of it.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:01 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In that case the rollover bar or and bar & BK harness guide bar combination should suffice.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"thsi was the 2nd cage that had been cut out of my car btw - Porsche did it when the series was canceled in 92' before the sold them via the dealer network.
My whole deal is this is a "street" car first, Auto-xer second. "

I can't believe you cut out a good cage from a cup car.? Even if it was to be a street car? Why????
Old 03-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm crazy.....

i wrecked it in 03' and decided to return back to as delivered by the dealer form.

Pretty much to keep me off the track in this car. Frankly i do not want to go through the rebuild /restore process again (and even now it is not finished) with this car.

Over the 9 years i have owned 92012 i have probably put 200k in this chassis at various times. for now i want to use it as a street car only and my fun autocross car.

I can always put a cage back in it - if i take it racing again.

Quick Reply: Heigo Roll Bars and Cages - Quality and Fit