Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First day in a Cup Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car and photo. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

1:56 is very fast at T-hill . I assume you were running the "hill", even if you were not, 1:56-7 is very quick. (the hill is called the "cyclone" vs the bypass which is about 2-3 seconds faster) The ran the "bypass" during the 25hours race at Thunderhill.

What kind of times did you run in the 356 racer?

If you are running 1:56 with the "cyclone" by all means, go to the runnoffs, you will be right in the hunt! Nice job!

Mk

Originally Posted by MarkPcar
OK, follow-up.

I ran two weekends back-to-back at Thunderhill, PRC the first and a SCCA Double National the second.

In PRC I finished 8th of 10 Cup cars in the first race and 7th of 7 in the second race (after a little incident). Fast lap for the weekend was a 1:58.6.

On Thursday of the following week we worked all day on the set-up and found a 'better' set of used tires for the weekend (Why can't anyone deliver Cup tires???).

For the SCCA weekend we had 6 cars in the GT2 class - 3 Cup cars and 3 other cars. Saturdays race ended in a second place finish and Sundays race was my first ever racing win! Fast lap was a 1:56.6 which is within 1/2 a second of the fastest Cup cars from the PRC weekend.

Whooohaaaa - I'm now the North Pacific division SCCA GT2 points leader! Maybe I should plan for the Runoffs where Analog Mike took 6th place in 2005 with my car. Still lots to learn but it sounds like fun.

I love driving this car!

Quick Reply: First day in a Cup Car