Sponsored by:

Help - tire clearance question for RSR

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 10:09 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 93 Posts
Post Help - tire clearance question for RSR

This is also posted on Wheel/Tire board....

I will be taking delivery of a 73 RSR replica in the next few weeks. I am considering the purchase of some Fikse wheels (posted here on Rennlist)
The fronts are no problem. Current 275/40/17 on 17" x 9.5" rim. I will use 18" x 9.5" here with 275/35/18 which have the same diameter (height) as the 275/40/17.

The rear is in question. Total clearance after going from the current 11" wheel to a 12" wheel (total = inner + outer) is: 5/8 on the left rear (or 5/16 each side) and (gulp) 3/8 on the right rear (or 3/16 per side)

This is a race prepped car so suspension travel is not great, but of course is existant...

Help!!

Chris
Old 02-17-2002, 12:06 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi Chris:

I'd like to help if I can, as we have 3 993 RSR's here right now,.....

I need more information though:

Your wheel widths sound OK but the offsets might be in question here if I understand your concern correctly.

What exactly are those rear measurements? tire inner fender clearance? tire to outer fender lip clearance?

What are your rear alignment settings?

How much space do you have at your current ride height between the top of the tire and the bottom lip of the fender?
Old 02-18-2002, 10:35 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 93 Posts
Steve:

Thanks as always for your offer to help. I should know more in a week or so (maybe first post was premature.....)

If I still need help after next week and a few dozen laps in the car I'll repost. Thanks again

Chris Brown

Quick Reply: Help - tire clearance question for RSR