Sponsored by:

Congrats to TRG and Rennlist

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 04:15 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Congrats to TRG and Rennlist

#66 GT3R wins it's class at Rolex Daytona 24hrs!
Old 02-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Great job. Here, Here!
Don't forget the #68 TRG car came from 49th position and finished 11th overall and 4th in class out of 31 cars in GT. They outlasted and out drove a bunch of "better" drivers even with a 3 year old GT3R.
Greg
Old 02-03-2002, 05:51 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

There was a 996 running in GTS, anyone know the story on that car?
Old 02-03-2002, 05:58 PM
Basil D
4th Gear

Thumbs up

Big congrads to the team, well done. It's an achievement just to finish, and to finish on top is incredible. Great PR for Rennlist! Now go get some sleep!
- Basil

p.s. John, your son is answering your cell phone -- did you forget to bring it with you?!?!?!
Old 02-03-2002, 06:36 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to add my congratulations to Kevin and the TRG guys. It's great to see a privateer with determination (and skill) win after so many years of hard work.

Re the GT3s running in GTS-- I beliieve one or two Porsche guys had the idea of running a 3.8 litre (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) in this class, which wasn't that formidable without the factory Corvettes or Vipers. I believe the extra weight and the wider tires put a lot of strain on the axles, though, and there were some problems.

All in all, a great race to watch (in my case, via Speedvision, or the SpeedThang, or whatever it is--their screaming commercials make me wanna puke...)
Old 02-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Doug Malone
Advanced

Thumbs up

Congrats to TRG/Rennlist team/cars 66 and 68; super job guys!! You all should be very proud of yourselves, as I'm sure the entire board is.

Doug
Old 02-03-2002, 10:23 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by DJ 996:
<strong>There was a 996 running in GTS, anyone know the story on that car?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I saw some thing on this car and there thought was to go for a class win by trying to out last the competition, obviously didn't work as well as they had hoped. I don't recall hearing that they were running a larger engine but that they ran without a resitrictor and were able to run larger tires as was mentioned earlier.
Greg
P.S. I didn't mention that two of the drivers in car #68 had never driven a 996 GT3R before! And one of the drivers had never raced a Porsche before.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:02 AM
Todd
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up!!!
I had to leave Florida early so I settled for watching 6 hours on speedvision. Great coverage by the way. I watched the race mainly for Porsche and you guys didn't let me down. Great racing, and you deserve it!

Quick Reply: Congrats to TRG and Rennlist