Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackhawk Farms

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003 | 08:53 AM
lje
Intermediate

Post Blackhawk Farms

Can anyone recommend a place to stay this weekend near Blackhawk? Since I am new to the track, is there ample non competitior parking, concessions, viewing areas, facilities etc. or should I come prepared for a different experience? Is this somewhere you can spend the weekend, such as RA? Thanks.
Old 07-02-2003 | 11:43 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

lje,
I cant help with hotel but the other stuff:
Lots of room to park
Concession is typical track food
Viewing areas are front straight with good view of first turn (you may be able to sneak into the control tower) there are some bleachers set up to seet the middle section of the track, (a short walk from pit row)
This is no Road America, very basic track without a lot of frills. I have not been there this year so they may have made some improvements.
One other thing, the road leaving the track intersects the race track so while cars are on track, your stuck. Check <a href="http://www.pca-chicago.org" target="_blank">www.pca-chicago.org</a> under DE for the blackhawk octoberfest dates, they may have some hotel info linked as that is a 3 day event.
Old 07-02-2003 | 12:23 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

lots of hotels in Rockford, Beloit WI and S. Beloit IL.

It's only 75 to 90 minutes from Chicago, so you may not need a hotel.
Old 07-03-2003 | 11:53 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

I'm in Schaumburg and make it to Blackhawk on trackdays in about one hour and 15 minutes or so. This includes a gas fill-up near track and something that resembles compliance with posted speed limits. Eric comes from much further away, but takes less time to get there
Old 07-09-2003 | 07:14 PM
David in Chicago
Addict
Rennlist Member

Best place to stay is The Beloit Inn. Very comfortable and closest to the track. Not even that expensive.

Remaining choices are mostly discount chains along Milwaukee Rd/Route 15, also in Beloit. Nicest/cleanest appear to be the Holiday Inn Express or the Fairfield Inn, although there are others.

Other choices seem to be farther in Rockford or Janesville.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Blackhawk Farms