Did Summit repave this winter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are onto something. BSR started two new off-road driving school at SP and Bill's son is in charge of the development. The off-road driving schools are very well received. It may be that this approach is a technique for blending the two off-road schools with the Recreational Driving school.

http://www.bsr-inc.com/unimproved-road_driving.html
http://www.bsr-inc.com/off-road_driving.html
Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM
aubreym
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Herod
I think you are onto something. BSR started two new off-road driving school at SP and Bill's son is in charge of the development. The off-road driving schools are very well received. It may be that this approach is a technique for blending the two off-road schools with the Recreational Driving school.

http://www.bsr-inc.com/unimproved-road_driving.html
http://www.bsr-inc.com/off-road_driving.html
Old 04-09-2007, 05:58 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

HA HA HA HA Did Summit repave? No and they probably won't until the NJ motorsports park opens and takes all there track time.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
John Brown
Instructor

Originally Posted by bobt993
Great thread, can one of you internet jockeys compose a thread we all can attach to and send it to Bill Scott for motivation.

Say, something like this:

Dear Mr. Scott, we share your passion for motorsports and really enjoy your facillity, but would find more time for and commit to additional track time should you be able repave some of the rough surfaces: ie: (list specifics). We understand the expense in providing the facillity let alone the resurfacing, hopefully addtional track revenues can help offset such an endeavor. It is our interest to support the success of Summit Point Raceway now and in the future. Track Junky's at large:

list of names to follow.
Only when the clubs that rent the track have such low turnout that they (clubs) are forced to give up dates. Even then, if another club is waiting for a date ... There are no free dates at any track.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just got a call from a buddy at the Seat Time today. He spoke to Elizabeth/BSR and she said they ARE paving the ENTIRE track starting Monday (after the race). Apparently they aren't ripping out the concrete, they are just paving *over* the entire thing.

What I don't understand is that they still plan on having the FATT that Friday. Can you pave a track in just a few days w/ no/little time to cure?

Hopefully this is all true, and hopefully it will turn out alright.

As I was typing this I figured I would call up there and Angi at BSR confirmed that they are paving the entire track next week and will still be holding the FATT.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

Crap, knowing where the bumps were was my only advantage. Interesting that this is very sudden, I was talking to one of the BSR instructors a month or so ago who told me there was no plans to repave. Something must have happened....something that brings in money.

Quick Reply: Did Summit repave this winter?