Sponsored by:

HOA's are a such a scam!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:41 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOA's are a such a scam!

I'm going to start paying an HOA $100 a month to live there. The LEAST they can do is allow me to park my trailer there OR let me run my race car but NOOOOOOO. Man, i wonder how many complaints I'll get the first time i fire up the race car

*grumble*

the real reason i ask is, does anyone have experience in making a supertrapp a little more quiet? I know they have the disks but I'm wondering how many sets i should order and if i should get an open or closed end cap. Right now its open, no disks, no cap, nothing... and i think most of the fiberglass is gone to... its loud for sure.

Also for those of you that live in HOA's, like the one I'll be living in, where do you put your trailer/tow vehicle?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supertrapp, more disks = less restriction and more noise.

No disks at all what you have = no muffler and lots of noise.

Less disks = more restriction and less noise.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
Also for those of you that live in HOA's, like the one I'll be living in, where do you put your trailer/tow vehicle?
Don't do it! It is a plot by a lot of self-righteous busybodies to interfere with your "non-standard" lifestyle. They built a 9 home development next to me (nice large homes) and I get to do all of these wonderful things, like park my trucks and trailers on my property, and startup my racecar between the hours of 7am and 10pm, and have a big ole shed, and lots of other things. They can't. Welcome to the new land of the free....HOAs.

BTW I think that there was another thread about this 4 or 5 months ago.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Local authorities came to my house last week and knocked on the door. Asked my wife if the porsche parked at the end of the block belonged to the judge.

my wife said yes, it is my cay. They asked if she would ask me to move it because I am allowed to park on the street only 48 hours at a time.

That is local village law!!! When I got home I promptly moved the car, and parked it on the lawn.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:37 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Local authorities came to my house last week and knocked on the door. Asked my wife if the porsche parked at the end of the block belonged to the judge.

my wife said yes, it is my cay. They asked if she would ask me to move it because I am allowed to park on the street only 48 hours at a time.

That is local village law!!! When I got home I promptly moved the car, and parked it on the lawn.

I would have moved it 6" and left it for another 48 hours!

I live in a fairly rural area but because of the lake there are alot of HOA's popping up and it is making life a PITA for generally good people. In fact I just bought 4 acres of land to put up a nice garage and was turned down...
Fortunately the head building inspector showed me what to do to turn it into a "home" (basically just ad a kitchen) and now I'm building a one bedroom home with a 6000 SF garage attached to it !!

Larry, I'll have an extra bay to rent you if you want.. I only live about an hour or so from VIR
Old 02-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Carrera51
Race Car

Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

I kept my racecar in the garage when we lived in Sterling in a townhouse. None of my neighbors complained and the guy two houses down was on the HOA board and he never said anything about it (a 911 with supertrapps, no caps). I could not however keep my tailer there for any extended amount of time. I usually had it out of the driveway and back at my parents house in MD after a day or two. No complaints on that one either. Just let the neighborhood kids sit in it every so often and don't make a habit of firing the thing up a 5am on a regular basis.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

I have very cool neighbors and don't start my car up early in the morning. I often keep my trailer in front of my house for one or two nights depending on the track date and my job schedule. I've had no issues so far. Otherwise, the trailer is parked a few miles away in a RV lot.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:11 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Thank god I don't live in an area with a HOA.

I really enjoy waking up early on a Sunday when my neighbor "The Apostle Khlaflani" (long story, bastard preaches out of his house) is doing his thing, I'd go put the water muffs on the boat and warm up the 454 (open exahust). He can't complain about the cars/boats being loud, and I just ignore his preaching.

And, no, I don't live in a trailer park.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,436 Likes on 769 Posts

This is how I keep my neighbors in line.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,436 Likes on 769 Posts

Then again, these are my neighbors:

Old 02-01-2007, 07:48 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, thanks guys.

yea, I'm not in the habit of firing up the car at odd hours, but then again, I'd love to be able to if i want to. I may just keep the supertrapp open and work on it during the day.

still HOA's are the biggest scam ever...... sigh.. but i dont want a four hour commute..

oh and VR, very nice pictures... I think i have something i could use to keep my neighbors from talking
Old 02-01-2007, 09:18 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

HOAs are where the small people of this world roost. I was once cited for having my 928 parked in my driveway "Leaking all kinds of fluids and causing a menace,"

The car was under a cover (a good looking one), was engineless and drivetrainless (but rolling). I asked them to provide any substance proof of the leaking fluids, since the car was empty of any.

I'm getting a tahoe and trailer for SoCal and Norcal tracking fun, but I am concerned about where to put this stuff.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Barfly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, what happened to Francis?

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Then again, these are my neighbors:

Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way to deal with neighbors is to have half of them think that you are just plain NUTS...and the other half sure of it! We are in our current house almost 7 years, and i have yet to mee the guy across the road, or on either side of us. We can't see each others houses really, so if they happen to be at the road when I get to the end of the driveway, I just growl as I go by. We have no kids, so we don't need to get involved with any of the area Crumb Gobblers. I tried to get my wife to move if we could get a god deal on the Ruby Ridge property, but she thought the State was too liberal.......
Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
HOAs are where the small people of this world roost. I was once cited for having my 928 parked in my driveway "Leaking all kinds of fluids and causing a menace,"

The car was under a cover (a good looking one), was engineless and drivetrainless (but rolling). I asked them to provide any substance proof of the leaking fluids, since the car was empty of any.
They were talking about the other 928 in the driveway

I love Green Bay - I take my track car to work when it's been a while since my last event (with the numbes on). I passed a local cop at full bore with the muffler open (adjustable in the cabin). He ddin't care.

Green Bay is Harley central. Loud vehicles are pretty much accepted.

Quick Reply: HOA's are a such a scam!